Worst Football Songs

Three lions on my shirt shite, absolutely terrible………years of hurt etc
Awful miserable pile of steaming crap that gets trotted out every time England win a couple of games at a major tournament.

Best ever, Hi - di - ho (Cab Calloway) with Goughy leading the singing back in the day.

3 Likes

Liam Bennett Liam Bennett running down the wing Beeenneeettt.

We really ought to have found a way of keeping Minnie going. Best chant ever and original to us.

2 Likes

I agree, used to bring up the hairs on the back of my neck when it was time for ‘the crowd’ to join in with Hi di Hi di Ho! and the chant went from one man too everybody singing at the top of their voice.
Great memories, just need a new cheer leader.

2 Likes

Yep. We could probably do away with ‘rap’ bit and just go for the chorus. Got to be a way.

1 Like

“You’re goin’ home like Sandy Richardson”

Agree it’s rubbish- but like you I’ll join in if I’m a few pints to the good and were winning (a rare thing over the last few years)

Often followed by that charming ditty ‘it’s a long way to the station’….

1 Like

Brings back memories of Hereford away in some tin pot game on a freezing Tuesday night in the Hibbit years. Was that you leading the conga line down the front Cully?

2 Likes

If we can extend to sporting songs in general can I add the turgid ‘Lets go…Let’s go!’. Often heard at Wimbledon particularly for Murray and in North American sports.

2 Likes

How about Oggy Oggy Oggy, Oy Oy Oy that the Welshies chant at the Rugby.
Embarrassing

2 Likes

We’ve got player X….
Player Player X….
I just don’t think you understand.

What exactly is hard to understand?

5 Likes

Yes, utter shit

As someone with the misfortune to share my name with the Bradford City no.9, I was subjected to chanting at Valley Parade yesterday stating that I was:
(1) a wanker
(2) a fat barstweard and
(3) a sex offender

Of these (1) is accurate, but there’s nothing wrong with masturbation in moderation. Of course if indulged in to excess it is even more fun.
(2) is partially true. I am overweight, but my parents were married. (3) is a gross and outrageous calumny. I have instructed my solicitor to issue cease and desist letters to all of the other 498 Saddlers at Bradford yesterday.

6 Likes

‘Aussie, Aussie, Aussie’ version even worse.

1 Like

I’ll follow that up with; “USA! USA! USA!”

Crap…

2 Likes

Anything that involves mentions of former players or managers in relation to being a paedophile, or indulging in beastiality is a bit annoying.

4 Likes

Whatever that dirge Tranmere have been “singing” for the last 10 minutes can be added to this list

I couldn’t understand it through all the phlegm sounds.

1 Like