Wycombe Wanderers (A) Monday 22nd April, 3pm

Squad? Doesn’t matter. Strange, but it is still possible to stay in this league. Only don’t ef it now. I know many games weren’t good, players probably won’t believe they can, there is still no good setpiece taker, no plan B (plan A is missing too), many more mistakes were done and I can add more. But it doesn’t matter now. Now it’s time to win something. If not now, there is no when option. If not we, there won’t be longer the same team. Something will just end. Just show some passion, show you still can. Good form when season started, wasn’t just a fluke. But please, prove it in that game.

1 Like

Sad state of affairs when you get to the stage of wanting players back that have already been deemed not good enough in the first place :pensive: It just goes to show how badly we have been managed.

1 Like

This is Walsall , when you least expect it we win , been this way throughout the last fifty years . Tomorrow will be three points won and once again we will have a great escape on our hands - believe

1 Like

I am usually very optimistic… wish I could share your optimism this time .

1 Like

For how ■■■■ we are, it ay over til it’s over

Feel pretty fatalistic about this. That first half against Sunderland seems aeons ago.
They, at least, have won a game recently and those defeats Welsh lists were all by a single goal. I just think that they will be more motivated - “win this and we’re on 50 points and nearly there”. Southend’s game will have finished by the time we kick off and perhaps if they’ve lost then that might stir us into action. Not sure where the goals are going to come from though.
Desperately hope that we will pull something out of the bag but expect much wailing and gnashing of teeth on here by 5 o’clock after 2 nil defeat.

I’d go for the same team as Friday but with Gordon in for Cook so we’re more mobile up front.

Wycombe 2 Pride of the Midlands 0

Can’t see us winning this one unless Wycombe get nervous and we have a lot of luck… Anyway my Team:
Dunn
Devlin Johnson Scarr Leahy
Kinsella Edwards Dobson
Ismail Cook Gordon

Tempted to play Osbourne though to help deal with defending set pieces , likely to be a day for your tin hats as Chris Nicholl would say !! Keep the same defence after being impressed with Johnson at the weekend ( reminded me of a young Stuart Ryder )

1 Like

It all depends how we deal with Akinfenwa,we’ve got some very inexperienced centre halves.

Scarr played with Akinfenwa at Wycombe last season… so at least he’ll be used to his physicality in training… Agree though be a learning curve for Johnson and Scarr today with plenty of headers to be won.

1 Like

It’s not the headers I’d be worried about,it’s dealing with his physicality,the bloke’s a monster.

He does bully defenders… watched him at our place earlier in the season, because of his sheer bulk defenders struggle to get by him , he literally keeps them at arms length.

1 Like

As you say,if Scarr has trained with him,maybe he knows a few secrets about him,maybe if you call him names,he breaks down and sobs uncontrollably…:grinning:

2 Likes

I think if Akinfenwa hadn’t have made it as a footballer, he would have had a chance of being a decent boxer :smile:

Might be like the film “Stir Crazy” when Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor share a cell with “Grossburger” or something like that. he’ll be like putty in Scarr and Johnson’s hands !!! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apparently Akinfenwa’s carrying an injury, but is expected to play.
As bad as we have been for months, its worth remembering Wycombe have won 1 and lost 10 of their last 14 games. They are a very limited outfit, and struggle for goals, they havn’t won at home since January, a run that includes games against Bradford and Accrington. They will no doubt be right up for this game, with the likes of Akinfenwa in the camp and Ainsworth as manager you can guarantee that, but that doesn’t make them a good team. Its one of those where if we can just somehow remember how to execute the basics of a game-plan, which in my opinion should be to frustrate and hit them on the break, we should get something from the game. But this is where I fear not having a proper change in manager will come back to haunt us.

3 Likes

And there you have the conundrum, but with me it’s not if they can remember, it is if they can be bothered too.

Coventry already 1-0 up at Portsmouth