Wycombe Wanderers (A) Monday 22nd April, 3pm

Southend 1-0 up, Mantom.

If I’m looking at this right, we could be relegated today if Southend win and Plymouth? Not 100% sure! If we loose of course.

Not mathematically. If we lose and rest win - Our maximum would be 49.
Southend could be on 47
Wimbledon 48
Scunthorpe 49
So not actually relegated today.
Also Accrington not playing so they will be on 48 too.

1 Like

That side is mental.

442 with Norman and laird fullbacks - Leahy and devlin on the wings… Dobbo dropped…

Well we’ve tried every other configuration,why not?

If that team selection pays off i’ll be ■■■■■■■ staggered.

Don’t really know what to say. It’s either going to be a total disaster or a masterstroke.

2 Likes

It’s win or bust

Planning to keep it tight in the 1st half, then unleash the attacking firepower in the 2nd half.
Obviously.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And it is desperate time indeed.
By the way, subs bench looks so powerful.

Hopefully it’s a master stroke and I am wrong.

But that’s appears to be one of the worst Walsall starting 11’s I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

2-0 Southend now

I know they sit two banks of 4 and work hard but that doesn’t mean we have to play the same way.

The only players in the starting XI today who also started the opening day win against Plymouth are Leahy and Devlin.

That, for me, sums up everything that has happened between then and now, in a microcosm.

2 Likes

The starting line up’s shirt numbers add up to 236 - is this a record?

1 Like

You’ve got too much time on your hands Hull…:grin:

1 Like

Takes your mind off relegation!

Only for 90 mins.

Burton get a goal back, If they equalise surely that’s Southend’s last chance gone.

Why would you think that? When Norman has come on in the last couple of games, he’s played forward of Devlin hasn’t he?

But I entirely agree with you (and hope to eat my words) that is a shocking line up in a game we must win. The only decent thing he’s done is drop cook.

3 Likes