Zak Mills signs

Contract lengths appear to give the clue to what the players incoming are.

Two year deals to regular starters and key men, one year deals to squad fillers and more cover than starter guys.

6 Likes

Donā€™t know much about him but he did get Morecambe POTS award in 18/19 although they werenā€™t as good as they are now. Seems he did o.k at Oldham aswell so roughly mid table league 2 player by looks of his CV.

Guess it will be him or White at RB and Kins will continue to compete for spot in midfield and heā€™ll also cover if whoever signs at LB is injured or suspended.

Would love Pring or Nurse to come back tbh, anyone know if either are available for loan? Both still at Bristol City and would imagine Nigel Pearson will make a few signings so worth asking the question I think as then the backline would look very strong.

1 Like

Poor signing. Not a good anagrammable name.

Smak Zill

1 Like

I still think it will be Max Melbourne at left back. There are enough players who could cover him.

1 Like

Iā€™m amazed people are being so critical over one signing, suddenly itā€™s back to desperation, cheap etc. Heā€™s a squad player, itā€™s a one year deal. Itā€™s not cheap or desperate, itā€™s a good signing to have as back up who can come in and do a job when needed and who probably knows himself that after being at Vale as back up that he doesnā€™t just walk into many sides whoā€™s aim is promotion, he wonā€™t be that stupid. Heā€™ll come here knowing he has to prove something to earn a spot, if he proves it then great, if not, no worries as we didnā€™t pin all of our hopes on him and he can go in a year.

29 Likes

The max Melbourne deals stuck as we canā€™t pay or donā€™t want to pay the 50k fee Lincoln want.
Heā€™s agreed personal terms to 2 Yr deal. But we want free. heā€™s under contract heā€™s been told he can leave but they want a payment of some sort 50k is a bargain. We should hopefully get the Melbourne deal done tday or otherwise he will be gone to somewhere else

1 Like

If this is true, this will be a really interesting and solid indicator of what our ambition really is for the coming season

Zak miils has played in the football league yh heā€™s had a poor season or to but was morcambes player of the Yr a few not to long back heā€™s versatile can cover us in the back.
Melbourneā€¦ And we will sign a CB who can play LB. Another sadler type player. More likely will be a loan we got depth experience and qualityā€¦ Jus a big no 9 needed

Absolute lie. Donā€™t believe him or fall for it.

1 Like

Hahahahaha. Iā€™m actually laughing. Youā€™ve got to be on the wind up. Fair play.

1 Like

You can understand why people are sceptical mate , you keep spouting this and that but nothing has happened thus far .

1 Like

Another good and positive signing but of a different type. Suffered from injury and covid constraints last season which messed with his season. Focusing on quality rather than quantity you are going to need players in your squad that arenā€™t your first picks but are versatile that you can bring in to cover a number of places otherwise you need more second choice players in your squad spending more money on these reducing the quality of your first choice players you can bring in.

A clear indication the players being brought in have a clear role within a clear plan and way of playing fulfilling what the club, DOF and fans have said, that the clubs recruitment must be better planned and focused than previously which has been more ahod to fill gaps in the past.

Can he become the new Chris Marsh, I.e not the worlds greatest player but solid enough, versatile and can fill in where we have a problem and even chip in with an odd goal when he can get forward? Can he do a step over is the big question?

2 Likes

Good post Danny boy :+1:t2: Took a punt with calling you that :relaxed:

1 Like

Iā€™m amazed youā€™re not used to that attitude from some posters on here by now @DanG_WFC . As my dad would say, some of them would moan to be hung with a new rope! :rofl:

I think the rest of your post chimes with the more level headed (and probably not as vocal) majority. Heā€™s not being signed as the headline act, and whatever went on with him at Vale is not necessarily the be all and end all of him as a player and how he will perform for us.

There have been loads of players weā€™ve taken a punt on who some fans have said ā€œMeh!ā€ to (including Adebayo and Holden early on) who then turned out to be real gems, and others that some were creaming themselves over (e.g. Russell Martin, Andy Cook) who we couldnā€™t wait to see the back of.

I did pick up on the retweet on the clubā€™s feed of him saying itā€™s a much needed fresh start, and also his avatar is him and his bride on his wedding day (something thatā€™s happened recently?) There could have been other reasons for him not doing so well at Vale than him ā€œnot being good enoughā€.

Letā€™s give him a chance to prove himself first (by which I mean a few games not 5 minutes of his first appearance) before we decide whether or not heā€™s a keeper.

9 Likes

And players who were brilliant but who were still criticised by some here, even though they went to better things. Sawyers, Deeneyā€¦

3 Likes

Oh for an Andy Cook type striker to be signed ā€¦

As in goal scoring capabilities , not ā– ā– ā– ā–  attitude .

2 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for LegendsOfBescot to confirm this one, if you donā€™t mind.

And a manager that was close to a miracle worker didnā€™t avoid pelters on here either.

PERIOD :arrow_left:

Definitely a Chris Marsh type then, if heā€™s also going to be back up keeper! :wink:

1 Like

Spot on, (although I didnā€™t know he as a keeper as well :grinning:)