15yr old striker

Or even part of the squid

Scored again today, also 2 assists from Nolan, got some decent kids at the club by the sounds of it.

I really can’t see any harm in it. Clarke is probably too over protective of the kids given the way he’s handled Alfie Bates, even though for a period he was our only real bright spark. Likewise with Sam Perry. One excellent display over some more experienced players against a very good League One side, yet he’s not been seen again.

If the lad isn’t ready then Clarke won’t pick him. If he’s in the squad and comes off the bench and struggles for a couple of games then he’ll be out again

Sam Perry is injured and has been for some weeks. I think I remember Clarke saying he hoped he would be in contention for a place over the last 6 games.

Although a different level, the context is the same - Billy Gilmour, at 18, has just got man of the match for Chelsea in their FA Cup game against Liverpool tonight. Shows that if you are good enough, age isn’t a problem and you deserve a chance to shine. Bates did well in some of the games he played so hope we see him as well as others in the final games of the season. They are our future, after all.

2 Likes

As a reference Sam Perry also got the MOTM against a good/ strong Portsmouth side .
I was there he was outstanding he will definitely be in the mix next season if not before .

1 Like

The future is looking a lot brighter with these youngsters knocking on the first team door than it did in the last few seasons.
Credit to management for recognizing the need for development ensure our survival.
I think Bates, Nolan and Perry will be regular members of the squad next season.

3 Likes