2022-23 Squad

Comes to something when Peter Clarke has the second most impressive goal record, considering position, in your squad.

Will all this talk of strikers, we forget that it is usually foe the midfield and back 4/5 to cip in with 30 goials or so. I think last year, our centre-backs only got 2 or 3 between them, despite their height and physical presence.

1 Like

Our set piece play was woeful, both attacking and defending them. That’s down to coaching!

With Wilkinson out we will have teams seriously worried based on that record

What happened to Jack shaw?
What the hell will our first lineup be?

Evans
      Daniels Clarke monthe 

White Allen
Comley kinsella
Hutchinson
Douglas-James. Williams

My guess. That lineup is lower league 2 imo

2 Likes

Excellent news on Riley’s injury not being a bad one.The news he’ll be back early instead of being out for 3 months I think flynn said is very welcome.

This season, far more than most, it is going to take some time for the players to get to know each other’s games. There are so many new players, possibly one or two more, a few been out through injury and the friendlies have had a lot of chopping and changing.

Hear this every year. No excuses. There’s always a lot of new additions for clubs at this level. There’s always a lot of chopping and changing in friendlies for everyone.

Of the 11 proposed in the line up, 7 are new. That is not the same as usual. It is not about excuses, it’s about reasonable expectation.

2 Likes

The team that started the 2019/20 season had 7 new players in it. The team that started last seasons had 9. And we won’t be the only team starting with a big turnover of players.

Yes, it is, on both counts.

Updated for Kiernan’s loan out.

We currently have 15 available first team players, including:

two (Maher and James-Taylor) with no first team experience at all,

two keepers,

not including two (Earing and Riley) who’ve missed recent pre-season matches through injury and may or may not be fit for the start of the season.

Four long-term injuries.

Not including three younger players who appeared on the verge of a breakthrough last season (Willock, Shaw and Sawyers) but appear to have completely disappeared from the first team squad.

1 Like

That sounds bad. Another out until Christmas perhaps?

Looks like a decent length of time mate.I’m not quite sure what we do in training to produce such injuries.Flynn said they were all freak in their nature so could just be bad luck I guess.

Crappy run of coincidences.

Indeed.

Meanwhile Rory Holden gets minutes under his belt in a pre season game for Vale.

I just can’t get my head around that? he has suddenly gone from being here as a virtual cripple, to now playing first team league football, without the slightest inclination that he could have played some minutes for us to see how he was doing?

The fact that he did not come back to Bescot, although under contract, but started training with Clarke would appear to indicate some sort of breakdown in relations with Flynn. I think most of us were under the impression that he was weeks, maybe months away from fitness but it appears otherwise.

3 Likes