2022-23 Squad

And dare I say I’d have kept Rodney as well. 3 goals this season vs Abrahams probable 3 in an entire career

1 Like

Shay Wilock has gone on loan. Teir 10 of the football pyramid. Don’t even know what that means tbh. Clearly this guy is not very highly rated!!!

I would guess that Abrahams is on a significantly lower salary though?

It’s not that equal a comparison though. Abraham is now IMO 4th (or even 5th) choice forward behind Johnson, Knowles, Williams (and maybe even now Cashman) whereas Rodney has started virtually every game for Rochdale.

Where in that order would Rodney be if he was still here, and how often would he play?

Abraham, Abrahams, Ibrahim :smile:

Flynn rated him below Wilkinson obviously, but Wilko is injured.

Flynn also rated Rodney below Miller, Osadebe, and Keirnan. Flynn got rid of them and replaced them with four other forwards of his own choice. So presumably if Rodney were still here he would be the fifth choice.

1 Like

Doubt it, unless Flynn is as stubborn as a mule.

Probably is. But I swap Rodney for all 3 of Abraham, Cashman and Douglas James. Salary would be less and I think goal return would be better.

1 Like

Sorry, posted in wrong thread.

On evidence so far you’ve got a point there …

1 Like

It would have been so much better. Williams, dj, knowles, and Rodney.

1 Like

It is very hard to believe that any of them would be first choice strikers for a team in our league this season.

For some reason Flynn did not want to play Devante Rodney. Clash of personalities? Disciplinary issues? Or simply did not rate him? Rodney had made 44 league starts for Vale scoring 12 goals, so he was not an unknown quantity.

1 Like

Strange decision. Probably a financial one. There was some sort of record there. Some sort of ability and he was already at Walsall and under contract. Whereas those 3 absolutely nothing. Its made us worse off up front for sure

1 Like

Glad to see you think Fullarton made at least one good signing!!! Maybe he was got rid of because of who signed him. BTW I would have kept him .

2 Likes

He made a few actually. Miller looks like Ronaldo up front compared to those 3

Rodney was let go because Flynn thought he could bring in better with the exception of DJ he hasnt.

3 Likes

We were never in for Miller either wage demands too high rumoured to be 4500-5000 a week.

1 Like

Should have gone in for a cheeky bid for Andy cook or josh Gordon
Serious strikers at this level

1 Like

Some squad we have

2 Likes

Just as well for us 4 of those are in our division!

2 Likes