3 New additions today!

Ahhh ok!

I feel the same way about that as I do Gordon out there to be honest but like I say there’s still time for an actual right sided attacker.

He looks some player from the clips too I will say that.

Still more pleased with White if I’m honest. More needed. We are dross at Right back. Not sure why it matters like, we’ve signed em both :smiley:

White looks a good signing, if we can keep him fit. He only managed 11 games last season and 25 the season before. Just another Facey?

I do find it a bit strange that we let Facey go who to me was coming along nicely. Only to sign white who may not play to many games .

Didn’t realise til I just looked Facey has joined keates at Wrexham. Geeat signing for them . He definitely has good potential .

Now we’ve signed Ayli, can Aynuck’s arrival be far away?

1 Like

Woooooosh!!:wink:

I was being sarcastic and bringing up the old joke about sawyers! I was always one who could see what he was and the class he had on the pitch when so many others couldn’t see why he wasn’t @taundz and pegging it everywhere!

3 Likes

As I said in a later post, a fluid front 3 with each of them taking a turn out left, right and in the middle might be a good formation to try.

Could have a debate about it, just like old times, better than the puns.

Absolutely and as I said in a later post

Isn’t Nolan our “recognised” right winger? Although not sure how good he’d be swapping across the front line as not seen enough of him doing that yet (despite DC’s tinkering).

And Wes is actually a right winger - he’s just shone as a right footed wide forward cutting inside from the left. Could he do the do on the right?

A bit off the wall, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Holden gets used out there again. I know he got a lot of stick when he first played for us out there as he was painfully one-footed and too easy to defend against, but he was/is still young and has a lot more confidence now after being brought inside - maybe he could revisit and do the role justice this time?

Versatile players rather than out and out in a particular position seems to be more the norm everywhere these days, and definitely how DC wants the team to play.

He hasn’t signed for Wrexham

I might be wrong then but when I typed his name in the search it said he was playing for Wrexham

Nah mate, they’ve signed 8 players this summer but none of them him.

That said, Clarke clearly didn’t feel he was ready last season to be first choice, maybe he is now :man_shrugging:

No he isn’t? He’s a right footed left winger. Clarke made a point of this saying he preferred this type of player because they cut in easier.

Considering that he was ■■■■■ out there and Clarke himself said “playing him out there was doing him a disservice” I’d be worried if that were the case. We’ve tried that and it didn’t work.

You can have versatile players and still cover positions. I’m willing to be patient but there’s no excuses, it was a gaping hole in our squad last season and there has been no change as of yet.

I see @el_nombre has started on Clarke and the negativity across threads again…

1 Like

Nope. Complemented the signings. Said there’s still time and means to fill the gap in the squad. Just would like to see it sorted.

Unless directly quoting him is now negativity, you need to re-read :man_shrugging:

COMPLIMENTED I think, and if they complement what we have already, great!

2 Likes

Are we pleased about that?

Happy with all 3 up we goo :wink: