A new dawn

Excellent to see some change. Hope it pans out with the stadium now.

Anyone know what has happened to the Ā£1.xm debt to Jeff? As usual the E&S are just copying and pasting quotes

1 Like

Fantastic news.
I would guess that Pomlett probably has some financial backers supporting this takeover. Wonder who they are?

1 Like

Joe Masi mentioned that Pomlett will be meeting the media tomorrow, so hopefully weā€™ll get a clearer picture on the detail, then.

2 Likes

Hang onā€¦ surely this means the return of Geoff Whiting? And swiftyboy? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great news ,canā€™t stop smiling ,:smile:

Christ, I knew there would be a downside.

3 Likes

And chunkster can now end his exile too

1 Like

Interesting that some people who told me this wouldnā€™t happen in a million years because the club is in debt and worthless with no assets are now nodding along saying ā€œyep, saw this comingā€.

Anyways, Iā€™m trying to retain my enthusiasm. Iā€™m not sure what financial power Pomlett has but lets face it, nothing has been properly invested in the club for years, at any level, so itā€™s got to be better than nothing.

2 Likes

As others have stated having the Club as one single entity is the important thing and certainly historic.

I expect it to be run in EXACTLY the same way - without the annual rent payment - and the return of many to the fanbase. Comparitively big bucks which can only see us move forward in the medium term.

Iā€™m not sure of his net worth butā€¦ ā€˜The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where LEIGH holds a current appointment equals Ā£300.1m, a combined total current assets value of Ā£2.1b with a total current liabilities of Ā£1.5b and a total current net worth of Ā£757.8m. Roles associated with Mr Leigh Martin Pomlett within the recorded businesses include: Directorā€™. Youā€™d think he has a few pennyā€™s in the bank!

2 Likes

He might well have some equally minted associates who he could bring on board with him in the future

1 Like

Seems he may know some people in China? :thinking:

1 Like

What people said was that a business that had barely made a profit in 20 years with debt of over Ā£2m wasnā€™t worth Ā£6m, and that something had to give in order for that situation to change.

Whatā€™s not clear yet is what has changed.

At a guess the debt has been written off and some fee paid for the shares in exchange for a commitment/pre-agreement on selling the land back to the club at a pre-agreed price.

If you think LP has paid Ā£8m for the club, then Iā€™m glad youā€™re not my business advisor

1 Like

Didnā€™t even name names :grinning:

Whatever. Itā€™s a great day for the club.

As far as I can tell the rent will continue for the time being, there is an ā€œoptionā€ to buy the land. We donā€™t know when, how much for etc

Bloody amazing news! Iā€™ve never known a Walsall FC not in the clutches of that man. Hopefully this is really a new dawn and we can move forwards in a positive manner.

New chairman and a forward thinking manager - makes a change to the past few years of obscurity.

2 Likes

Staggering news, letā€™s hope the manager, team, the fans and everyone connected with the club can now really pull together to move us forward. UTS!!!

2 Likes

It will be one of those where were you moments when you heard the news that ā€˜Jeff had goneā€™ in years to come !!! GET IN !!

SO happy I got my ticket for Saturday now because Iā€™ve gotta a feeling itā€™s going to be a party !!!

2 Likes

Exactly what i was thinking.
Superb news and that swift on the club badge hopefully really will start flying upwards.

1 Like