A new dawn

Can’t help wondering if Jeff will still have some involvement, and just what this option to buy is? I mean, Pomlett has been on the board with Jeff for 9 years, and we all know Jeff doesn’t just let any old upstart on the board, so they must have a good relationship.

3 Likes

With you there mate and also definitely have my suspicions but on the face of things this is amazing news and I’m buzzing off it

I’ll second that. How it pans out can’t be predicted, but isn’t this what we wanted? New ownership with a plan to reunite club and freehold?

1 Like

Of course the likes of Sid wont appreciate mine and Thanos knowledge but my god lets all enjoy this moment together.

3 Likes

Incredible news and one I thought I would never see. I can now understand why Clarke came here as he has been sold a vision and future for the club, one which didn’t exist with Bonser in charge.
The news of the land being reunited with the club is the most important thing here and the basis for the club to move forward and progress.
Looking forward to the press conference tomorrow and more detail being revealed but what a day!
Now time for all the stay ways to come back to the club starting with the first home game of the season.

10 Likes

Looks like we still got to pay rent till get freehold back or am I wrong, but happy days and a light at the end of the tunnel………we hope

1 Like

Indeed, so impressed with Pomlett were some that one fan piped up and asked if he had the money to buy the club from Bonser.

“That would take many millions. I’m influential and I have a few bob but I’m not the answer to your prayers,” was the honest, if unpopular, reply.

Nonetheless, the club would do well to build on the goodwill garnered by Pomlett’s comments and obvious rapport with the fans, of whom he still counts himself one – ‘If I wasn’t sat on this top table tonight, I would be sat among you,’ he said.

The above quotes are from the fans forum held in January 2018. I wonder what, if anything, has changed?

4 Likes

I think we are all being a bit premature with talk of the ground and club being reunited. All the article says is there is an option to purchase included in the sale - and without knowing the accompanying conditions around this option we don’t have any certainty that it will ever happen.

1 Like

I’ll be there, as a fan that only went to 3 or 4 home games a season, this may just be the " love affair" starting all over again, now doing a Ricky Gervais office dance routine😳

Yep looks that way, but at least there’s light at the end of the tunnel and an actual plan to bring the club and freehold back together.

An incredible day in the history of our football club, for supporters my age and younger we have known nothing other than a Bonser controlled WFC. This is hopefully the start of something special.

1 Like

“This deal sees me take over as Major Shareholder and Chairman of Walsall Football Club but, just as importantly to me and the Club, Jeff and I have agreed a deal that will see the Club reunited with the freehold in due course."

That’s the important quote imo. It won’t happen overnight, but the deal has been made.

8 Likes

Of course everything is not going to fixed over night.

This club has been on a downward spiral for the last decade bar one good season, we must enjoy this and ride ze wave of optimism.

29th July 2019 - Jexit day.

Let’s hope Pomelette doesn’t end up with egg on his face.

6 Likes

Indeed.
How long is it going to take to unravel 29 years of his mess?

Agreed. He’s left one hell of a hostage to fortune if there is no deal with Bonser on the table. I tend to believe him.

About ■■■■■■■ time. Knew it had to be coming with his age. Little short on detail right now so will be interesting to understand how the club has been restructured, but on the surface great news.

Parting comment for Jeff?:

He doesn’t deserve one.

2 Likes

JEXIT MEANS JEXIT.

Why haven’t we signed Emile Heskey yet?

2 Likes

cant believe hes gone, i know this may not matter, but is pomletts networth much more than jeffs?

Change was well overdue. I hope most of all that the new guy rebuilds the relationship between the club, the fans and the wider town of Walsall. For the first time since Merson was here (apart from that Smith season) I’m optimistic about the future of OUR club.

Had a feeling something had changed. Our approach over this summer was refreshingly different. Less dour.

2 Likes