Add a player to this squad

Hello all! Bit of fun to lighten the mood.
If you could add any one walsall player from any year ( at their walsall prime) into this squad who would you choose and why? Go!!

John Keister.

Jimmay

Alan Buckley or Allan Clarke to play alongside Cook…goals galore. It wouldn’t matter who plays in defence!!!

Jean Francois Peron.

No justification other than wishing to be reminded of what a fabulous midfielder he was gracing our pitch.

5 Likes

This team desperately needs a Viveash

2 Likes

Andy Butler

4 Likes

Scott Dann. Either today’s version or back in the day. He’s the best defender I’ve seen us produce in my 20 odd years watching.

8 Likes

Graeme Forbes great defender great in the air . Commanding. All those balls coming into our box would be cleared .

3 Likes

Clayton Ince

4 Likes

Fobber also used his head to great effect gaining respect of his fellow defenders :face_with_head_bandage:

Ian Roper or Andy Butler

1 Like

Martin O’Connor or Paul Ritchie

1 Like

If people are going to cheat and pick two, then I’ll have Chris Palmer for my second choice :smile:

Ian Roper. Didn’t even have to think about that.

Clayton Ince is a great call. He’d sort out our defending!

By position:…

Don Penn
David Preece
Scott Dann
Jimmy Walker

Strange statto in Viveash’s career. In total it spanned 16 seasons and well over 400 appearances, he scored a moderate 23 goals. 7 of them (that’s just over 30%) came in an 11 game spell over a period of two months playing for us in 96/97…i’ll get my coat.

4 Likes

Our defence absolutely needs an Andy Butler.

6 Likes

Agree Andy Butler but would love to David Kelly alongside Cookie

2 Likes