Adebayo on his way?

I doubt that there are many 4th division players that wouldn’t move to Hearts.

Exactly for the chance of playing at ibrox or celtic Park on probably double or triple his wages hmmmm tough decision

2 Likes

And a promotion on his CV potentially.

No brainer.

In fairness to him if he does leave, he’ll have earned it.

When we signed him was there not suggestions he’d had attitude or application problems while at Swindon (or something along those lines). I wouldn’t say we’ve seen any evidence of that from him, and he now looks a different player to the one at the start of last season, he as well as Holden looked fairly poor to me at the start but both have come on massively.

Presumably he’d have come here with the intention of proving himself to be capable of being a football league player, if not he’d have probably been in non-league fairly soon. But whether its through his own hard work, Marcus Stewart or Clarke etc, he’s massively improved.

Would be a blow for us but fair play to him.

4 Likes

If they sell him, then I’m done with them for a while.

1 Like

This would be a disaster. Not sure what we can do to keep him to be fair, and fair play to him. No player would turn this move down.

The only thing we could do is invest the money in a striker NOT a free loan. I’m sure there’s a reason this isn’t possible for little old Walsall.

1 Like

He is one of only about 3 bright lights to keep fans interested in this team, and if he does go then you can say goodbye to ANY chance of getting out of this dustbin of a league for the foreseeable future, lets face it, we will get no more than £100,000 for him? who or what can you sign with any degree of pedigree for that?

5 Likes

That’s how I feel mate. I just can’t be bothered with the people who run the club anymore - regardless of Adebayo etc.

There’s no ambition.

2 Likes

​I understand that’s football, but really, I just don’t want to see that news. Replace him now? Close to impossible, so big loss, if he leaves. But why shouldn’t he? That would be a big promotion for him. And that’s why Reid was loaned.

3 Likes

I understand your frustration but how can we prevent him going in the Summer if not now? We just cannot compete on wages with bigger clubs so I think it better we get a fee now rather than him going for a free.

1 Like

The club have had very limited income over the last year, don’t know how you can be ambitious with next to no income without building up debt.

3 Likes

It’s more the fact we won’t replace him - properly. Can see it a mile off.

4 Likes

We are in a lose-lose situation here.

We reject Hearts advances now and he will most likely downs tools. No guarantee such a big move will be an option for him come the summer.

We sell him now with little chance of replacing him (and role he provides for the team) and his invaluable goals.

4 Likes

It’s just depressing.

3 Likes

Isn’t Josh Ginnelly doing well at Hearts too? Shows the standard of Scottish football to be fair. Guthrie and maybe even Devlin are in the shake up for best eleven in the premier, discounting Rangers…

2 Likes

Use any transfer income to pay off this clueless manager.

Good bit 'o business that would be.

5 Likes

He’ll smash it up there.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that, if these rumours are true, he’ll have his “mr. 15%” in his ear pushing for a move regardless as to whether WFC likes it or not. It’s just a game of money to them.
In the current climate, money in the bank is precious. If season ticket sales are down the money from this potential transfer could be used to fill the hole in the budget.

1 Like

According to the E&S we have rejected the approach from Hearts.

2 Likes

Ambition! :joy: