Adebayo on his way?

Difficult one… Out of contract in the summer. Are we realistic promotion contenders?

I’d say lets offer him a new deal as if it’s that easy, but I guess we already have and it’s dragging on. I’d be tempted to get some money for him but we will need to replace him. If we can’t replace him then let him go in the summer for nothing if he won’t sign a new deal.

Obviously that’s all if he isn’t bothered about leaving now, if he wants to join Hearts then we pretty much have to sell him now.

3 Likes

Sell. Out of Contract in the Summer.

Good luck to him, made a good start at turning his career around👍

Wonder if Hearts were watching last night, conditions were terrible though in his defence :grinning:

9 Likes

The think I am right in saying Hearts could offer him a pre-contract right now for when his contract expires. So they must be keen on having him for the rest of this season. I can’t see them going overboard on what they would pay though.

It’s a great shame and an all to familiar situation for us.

2 Likes

They’re actually not in SPL anymore…but well placed to go up.

Disappointed to lose him as his goal record has been pretty good in last 12 months and he could probably play in league one now so keeping him beyond the summer was a long shot.

He simply has to be replaced given the young loanee was just a replacement for Scrimmy.

Can see Wes and Flash going soon so forward line going to have to be rebuilt.

But they’d be liable for a tribunal fee cos of his age I think

No I don’t think so because they aren’t an English club.

1 Like

Think Rangers still had to pay for Joe Aribo, and he was out of contract

I’m not sure then, maybe it has changed. It used to be that foreign clubs didn’t have to pay compensation and could agree a deal 6 months before the contract expired.

I haven’t looked into it at all but Aribo had a fee presumably because Charlton got him through their youth system.

Adebayo could sign a pre-contract and move for nothing I think.

1 Like

I was watching Motherwell vs Rangers at the weekend with Devante Cole being an absolute stand out for The ‘Well.

Me and the lad then turned to how well Devlin and Guthrie are doing at Livingston.

The conclusion being that the SPL is League One at best and with Hearts currently a level beneath that I’m not sure a move up there would represent progression.

5 Likes

If you score goals up there a lower end championship club will probably come in for him in two years time so can bypass league one that way and play against 50-60k in Glasgow next season hopefully.

Hearts were also in the cup final the other week so potential to play in europe aswell.

The standard isn’t great but he’s young enough to have realistic ambitions of getting up to championship level and so this would be a decent stepping stone for him.

2 Likes

They are in a very strong position,they have us over a barrel,everything is in their favour…they could offer £30,000 and we would have to take it,they know that. The best we could do is insist on a part exchange with a fairly experienced forward coming in as part of the deal.

1 Like

The weary realisation that he will be on his way without even a second glance back at us. Welcome to the depressing world of supporting Walsall FC :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Probably the best we can hope for is to push for some add-ons and a chunky sell on percentage so he can become the new Rico Henry?

1 Like

It’s just rumour. It is true he was seen in Edinburgh, but that was just looking for the ball after his penalty against Southend.

26 Likes

:joy: :joy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

@TheRedPrince I love Edinburgh: it’s a beautiful city. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to my beloved Walsall, but it’s a bit like comparing hobnobs with jam tarts…

3 Likes

You may well be right about the fee, but perhaps other clubs may now be sparked into an interest in him which sets off a bidding war taking the fee to £31,000!

1 Like

Yeh it’s probably League 1 level (at best) but getting into the SPL as you say, gives a Player a decent career of games with the Old Firm and European opportunities. And (tin hat on) Edinburgh is a different world to Walsall, let’s be honest.