Adebayo on his way?

I don’t believe for one minute that he was our first choice. I recon negotiations will have been going with at least 2 more before we got down to him.
No evidence, just my guess. And it’s only a guess.
We couldn’t have started negotiations with anyone untill it was definate the Eli was going.

1 Like

Some of this takes me back to being at school, picking 2 teams from 22 kids lined up, then arguing about who gets fatty 4 eyed smith who is the only one left :rofl:

Do feel better now you’ve let it out and shared it with us Chunks…:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: Well done mate…:grinning:

2 Likes

So who got you then Smithy? :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: They fought over me for my ability :grin:

You were picked for your motivational skills!

1 Like

Maybe it was his ball…

Oxford fans dont have a bad word to say about him really raw but quick powerful and looks to have good instinct in the box is the general opinion they think he needs games and could be a good player in the future.From what they say i would not mind seeing him start on saturday.

2 Likes

Couple of mates at work are Oxford fans. Said he will score goals and he’s decent, they’re surprised Robinson let him go.

5 Likes

Let’s hope so :crossed_fingers::pray:

He can’t be a bad footballer if he’s played for Frances youth sides to be fair.

Oxford a decent side these days too so it’s no big deal he can’t break into their team. Let’s hope he’s here hungry.

2 Likes

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/jones-snapped-walsall-striker-adebayo-ahead-schedule-avoid-price-doubling-summer-3124972

1 Like

He would have been out of contract in the Summer so I don’t understand this stuff about a bidding war.

Oh the Irony! Hatters sponsored by none other than JB Developments :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Neither do I. Could only be about personal terms that he is speculating that might double.

1 Like

The wages and signing on fee would have rocketed if he had scored another 10 for us.
We would have got none of it but Eli would have made a fortune. (and his agent)

3 Likes

Well spotted.

I understand that but clearly they would not have had to pay a fee.

If someone is in demand at the end of their contract with lots of clubs after them. They can ask for whatever they want.
If Eli was worth £300,000 do you think the club who would pay that to another club for his transfer wouldn’t give that much to Eli if he would join them without them having to pay a transfer fee?

1 Like

Good point and such was his improvement I think he would have scored another 10 goals this season which is going to be difficult to replace unless flash steps up which he is capable of doing