Adebayo on his way?

He means his wages/signing on fees/maybe agent fees. No transfer fees mean agents tend to demand a little bit more in agent fees/signing on fees and the player himself has a load of wage offers to sit on over the summer and wait for the highest one.

1 Like

If that is the case, wouldn’t it have been in Adebayo’s interest just to run down his contract?

To be fair they’ve done well getting the reported figures for players that were out of contract in 6 months time,it’s been invested in keeping the club operating and not collapsing and some on replacements in terms of loans it’s crap but it’s happening I for one want to see my club play after all of this so credit where it’s due sensible decision.

2 Likes

In his case the purchasing team would have had to pay the young player compensation to mainly Fulham. But that’s why players often just run down their contracts and don’t re-sign.It would have been worth it to Adebeyo to run his contract down, but you never know whether you will pick up an injury.

1 Like

This is pretty much what happened with Lyle Taylor last season. He did okay at Charlton but has not pulled up any trees at Forest yet (if you can pardon the pun).

I still look back on that Wimbledon 3:2 defeat when he ripped us apart. The beginning of the end, in terms of team morale, at that time, I think…

I would be absolutely staggered if they really did pay 300k

1 Like

It would be nice to think he felt he owed Walsall somthing.

And not being so appealing when bigger, more attractive clubs enter the fray now doubt.

1 Like

There will be a difference between what we received as a transfer payment (basically compensation for releasing him from his contract) and what they actually shelled out. On top of whatever they agree on his new contract going forward, there could be a signing on fee and agent/intermediary payments, plus a few other consequential costs (registration, medical, insurance and other employment overseas, etc). Then there’s the question of whether the compensation will have been as a one-off lump sum, staggered (either regular installments and/or dependent on certain triggers - some of which may never occur), and also any sell on clauses. So is the rumoured £300K just for our bit, or in total?

As it has also been raised, even if they had waited until he was out of contract and they saved on the compensation amount, that wouldn’t mean they’d have bumped up Ayli’s ongoing salary or other payments to him - they will have a wage structure and Fair Play rules to stay within.

He’s on the bench alongside their new signing Tm Ince for today’s Luton v Huddersfield match

1 Like

No action today they’ve made all 3 changes brought Ince on though.

Without being harsh on the lad, I’m not sure he’s Championship player just yet.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find the Jules thread but seems he played left wing back for them today which is interesting. 2-2 v Sunderland.

You can make 5 subs though.

Seems a little strange at 1-1 at home that Adebayo as a new striker wasnt thrown on for at least the last few mins, especially against Huddersfield too.

Imagine the reaction on here if that had been DC not putting him on…although knowing DC he would have put him on at the back to see it out for a draw :grinning:

1 Like

Taken off on the hour mark too.

As was Scrimshaw except he came on after an hour

I wish Eli nothing but the best. Championship level may be a step above for him at the moment, but I’m sure the Luton fans will quickly warm to him as soon as he starts knocking in the goals.
It was a pleasure his progression during the time he was with us.
Great effort!

8 Likes

Adebayo has all the tools and potential to succeed, it will take time though. Deeney was no instant success at Watford.

Hopefully he won’t go to prison before he hits his peak…

1 Like

You’ll get barred writing sentences like that.

2 Likes