Adebayo on his way?

Yes he did well , certainly didn’t look out of place

Adebayo scores for Luton and George Evans equalised for Millwall.
It’s incredible given the utter dross we have playing for us now just how many ex Saddlers are playing at a much higher level.

2 Likes

George Evans wasn’t really our player though. Was aways too good for us

He was the missing link, I think his leaving cost us promotion

4 Likes

I agree. I used to mock my Luton Town supporting friend when they dropped into non league. Now I look at their bench and think that they’d probably all walk into our starting eleven…

4 Likes

Well done Adebayo, first of many I hope.

3 Likes

Hope we put a decent sell-on clause in, scored the winner today and their fans saying he will be worth a lot of cash…

Yes wouldn’t it be great if Luton sold him in July and our cut kept us in business until say September.

1 Like

Nice to see him doing well. Pleased for him.

3 Likes

We’ve been completely done over by the Adebayo transfer fee, what a club we are!

To be fair (and I’ve been very concerned/critical about our club for quite some time) I don’t think the club, could have done a lot differently with his transfer. They had to cash in. Pleased the player is doing well, fair play.

5 Likes

Very pleased for the lad. A goal and a assist yesterday.

We’ve probably been held over a barrel though haven’t we Luton would have been saying “you’ll get Jack for him in 6 months time so take the 300K or leave it” if we had a Crystal ball we’d have offered him another years extension when he was playing crap wouldn’t we :roll_eyes: nobody knew he would flourish all of a sudden did they? All we can hope for is a nice little 15% sell on clause and he goes to Man City to replace Sergio Aguero pushing Gabriel Jesus to the bench and them playing 90 million for the privilege.

2 Likes

Even if we were to get that much for him mate I bet it still wouldn’t be enough to buy the freehold back :wink::wink:

Just keeping tabs. From the local Luton paper yesterday:

11. Elijah Adebayo (STAR MAN): 8.5

Brilliant second half display by the striker. Dragged Luton up the pitch with his clever running in behind, strength and hold-up play. Set up Tunnicliffe, twinkle-toed move almost led to a goal, before a majestic back post header claimed the points.

Oh hum!

1 Like

Good on him.

1 Like

He was good for us, but never seemed quite that good!**

1 Like

If you want to improve at anything, surround yourself with people better than you :wink:

5 Likes

Glad he’s started so well. He seemed a decent hard working lad, nice to see it paying off. Hope it continues.

7 Likes

I thought the same about Sawyers. I thought he would be in a top 5 team by now. Needs to be rescued by Smith and Villa if he wants to make another step up.

1 Like