Adebayo signs

Well that’s sorted then.

I’ve got a song for him.

It’s goes:

Give me an E…

4 Likes

Trouble with that is it’s only 90 minutes we play without stoppages …:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Clearly signing this lad is a risk but he has all the physical attributes of a good striker. Think we should give him and the Manager the benefit of the doubt. We must presume Clarke knows what he is doing. He has a good track record at this level so I suggest we lay off the criticism until we have been able to assess the lads contributions to the team over a number of games.

6 Likes

If you want to, good for you.

Why on earth does anyone think we have a mid table League 2 playing budget this season?

This will already have been reduced by Jeff, due to lower anticipated income from this season. Plus Salford will increase the average etc… etc…

Our budget will lower league two or worse.

I can think of four hundred and forty thousand reasons why.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a risk. The potential has been signed, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Of course he can be first squad player, but I think it’s too soon for him, now. Later who knows. For me it is good club took a gamble.

3 Likes

Looking at the teams in the league, I would expect us to have a competitive league 2 budget. Not in the top 6-7, but certainly between 8-14, which should give us a chance if managed well.
Some posters, however, seem to be underwhelmed by the fact that we are signing worse players than we had (replacement for Cook bring an example).
If we are in a lower league with a lower budget then we are likely to have lower standard players.

1 Like

But we don’t know whether they are worse players do we? Anyway there are still a number of players to come in. I think we can make a better assessment of the squad when we know what it is.

2 Likes

Unless of course DC has very persuasive powers of convince.

Yes, I agree, that is my point. Probably the way I phrased it.

If we are looking for someone to replace Cook, then it is unlikely to be someone with a similar record in League 1 or even possibly L2 as they are in demand and will likely want something better than we have to offer.
We have to produce that player rather than buy him, either one of our existing players stepping up (Gordon for example), a youngster released by a higher level club, or a player that Clarke rates but is not performing to his potential at his current club.

1 Like

Because of self imposed restrictions.

Indeed, but it is what it is.

Why? Because we should just accept that paying 20 quid to watch that ■■■■■ is acceptable? Because “it is what it is”?

Either way, if it’s because of self imposed restrictions that isn’t a good enough reason to short the football side of the budget and the club should be held accountable for it. Not just “well those are the players we can afford”.

2 Likes

I’m agreeing with you FFS

“It is what it is” is definitely not what I’m saying :man_shrugging:

At a guess, Bradford, Plymouth, Mansfield, Scunthorpe and Salford will all have bigger budgets than us for sure. Maybe Swindon, Forest Green and Northampton too?

Would like to think our budget will surely be roughly on a par with the rest of the division? But that still means we’ll have to overachieve just to make the playoffs.

Not sure on that , if the 50% into the infrastructure etc is correct. Then we have heavily invested in developing players… so where are they?

4 Likes

I was agreeing with you that it is due to self imposed restrictions.

You cannot argue (well I suppose you might :wink:) that it isn’t what it is, because it is. We might agree that it shouldn’t be that way, but it is.

We have the budget that Bonser sets, like it or lump it, it is what it is! :smile:

1 Like

If you keep ploughing money in then yes I suppose you can only say it is what it is because you are doing nothing to change it. I won’t be attending games this season if there isn’t significant investment. What is the point? I work too ■■■■■■■ hard to top up a pension fund, I might as well go to the pub with my mates and watch the result come in on Soccer Saturday. The away games are way more fun anyway so I’ll just stick to those.

And that’s the only way to get through to them. nothing will change while people still do that. Set up all the twitter accounts or 18 minute demonstrations you like. Bonser doesn’t give a ■■■■. While people still view it as “it is what it is” nothing will change.

4 Likes