Adebayo signs

True. I don’t even see that investment being made to be fair.

Not just youth team players not coming through, the ground is an embarrassing ■■■■ hole.

1 Like

Tbf I’m in the same boat - at this moment, the only games I’ll be attending next season will be the away games, means I’m not directly funding Bonser and still get to watch my club

You’re dead right, why should us fans spend our hard earned money for the sole purpose of topping up a pension fund, 'cause that’s all our money means to him and until that changes that’s what I’ll do

4 Likes

By staying away all you are doing is affecting the budget available to the Manager. The rent will be paid anyway. It may not be what you want but it is a fact.

3 Likes

■■■■■■■■ to that. If they want me to spend my money they need to spend theirs first. It’s not my fault we are in this position.

I thought the club can run without the fans anyway :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not the one affecting the budget, he is. He’s the one with the cash available through the years and years of support that has gone into the club from fans like myself and others

Without him taking that money, we’d have a very competitive budget and since I’ve been going we’ve always had a ■■■■ poor budget, so the only person to blame is him

1 Like

Plus, what about when we was told the budget will be significantly better with the advertising board, I haven’t seen any improvements

What about since we’ve gone all commercial and supposedly making a load of revenue from that, I haven’t seen any improvement in the budget from before that period

Fact is, he’s the one holding us back, not fans deciding to not put up with it anymore

Wembley, Chelsea, Selling off the Play Off squad as well…

Exactly, but people have the cheek to say fans who have had enough are the ones affecting the budget

Some Walsall fans have Stockholm Syndrome. It’s the only reason I can think of for that line of thinking or accepting their “expectations” as fair.

It isn’t a cheek it is a fact. Simple as that. I want change at the Club as much as anyone but staying away is not something I would ever do. Walsall FC is my team and I will do my best to support them.

1 Like

I don’t disagree nor disagree with fans staying away, it’s a personal choice but those who have decided to stay away have not affected the budget whatsoever - it’s always been ■■■■ and always will be while we’re giving away nearly half a million quid every year

Good for you, as will I. You have your preference and I have mine, one is no better than the other as they are personal choices. I’ll give my support to the team at away games like I have said but no longer willing to support Bonser’s pension fund

Yep no problem with anybody going or not going at all. All last season I made the point that it was a choice and just because I go that doesn’t mean I endorse every move the club makes.

But when fans start to blame others who don’t go for the state of it rather than the club that is where I take issue.

As a customer I am not getting value for the ticket price anymore. That’s it for me. And judging by the swathes of empty seats every Saturday I’m not in a minority anymore. There comes a point where the club is at fault for that.

1 Like

Too right. Couple that with the treatment I got last season from those at the club on a couple of occasions, not even getting value us a customer let alone a fan

I can’t be held accountable for that and neither can any other fan who feels the same

If you were treated badly that is a disgrace. I have encountered some inefficiency over the years but have always had a good response from the staff at the Club be it the Chief Executive or theTicket Office people.

1 Like

Definitely didn’t get the response I should have, actually quite the opposite, there’s a whole thread on it somewhere but that was just the final straw for me

I have attended over 80% of our home games since 1999 however after the last few years my love for the club has drifted somewhat. I will do the first home game of the season and probably the odd Tuesday night game but apart from that I will save the money to do all the aways.

It isnt just the football though, the stadium and the experience is terrible.

5 Likes

Only reason I will go to a home game next season is to support a protest against Bonser, other than that I won’t waste my money with any

1 Like

Back to topic.

From what I’ve read about this lad he seems like a freebie Bakayoko.

Yet to get the best out of his physical attributes, struggles to retain information and improve match by match, questions on his attitude which may actually be more about a lack of intelligence, but does occasionally become unplayable and score the odd decent goal.

Let’s hope a change of scene and manager has a positive effect on this lad, as it seems to have had down the M6 on our old Baka. Clarke seems proud of his track record of improving players with similar stories. Good luck to them both.

4 Likes

Re some of the above regarding Bonser’s position at the club. A big well done to MP Chris Matheson, seeking parliamentary sanctions to bring to an end Directors/owners of football clubs stripping their clubs of funds to the detriment of the club!
He is local to us and has mentioned Bury, Bolton & Blackpool for starters. Bury, along with Bolton set to start life in the 3rd Division with a twelve point penalty, so will have to win 4 matches to achieve a desired Nil points!

1 Like