Admission Prices 2019/20

5000 sounds like Cobblers

3 Likes

As frustrating as the £2 increase on the day is, it’s refreshing that they’ve (possibly) listened and made it now a straight £20 for the Homeserve Lower where I go and not one of the stupid “£20.50/£21.50” price points.

I don’t pay in advance each week because living in Salford means there’s always the rare, outside chance that I won’t be able to make the game at short notice so I prefer to just pay on the gate. It sounds really petty and minor but the 50p/£1.50 extra cash on top just made it that bit more annoying.

1 Like

Agree @SaddlerJK, it’s just one of those little things. WSFC pushed for simplified pricing and dropping the 50p, so it’s good to see the club have taken that on board.

2 Likes

Be interested to know how our under 18s prices and family tickets compare to other teams in the area at a higher level because they still dont seem that cheap to me for league 2 football.

Happy, just realised I qualify for 60+ prices next season

£22 to watch a football match? What else can you do for £22?When you’ve made a list of things you can do for £22,all you need to do,is work out whether you’d rather do that or watch Walsall play football…it’s easy really.

I couldn’t really give a toss about season ticket prices to be honest, once you set these prices it’s very difficult to attract any new fans.

I can watch any other team in the midlands at a much similar or sometimes even lower price for one of our standard tickets! With a much better standard of atmosphere and match day experience. That doesn’t matter to me, I’m a Walsall fan. But how on earth do you plan to attract somebody that isn’t. Better yet the people that can’t be arsed to go anymore.

You’ve got literally no chance.

The other thing about charging top end prices for league two, I seriously do not want to hear any excuses from fans or the club about budget if that is the case.

4 Likes

I think for the loyal fan the pricing is fair , especially for us who attend as a family.

However they seem to of priced out the floating fan who may have nothing to do on a Saturday , and decide make a last minute trip. Saying that we have no real history of these types attending in great numbers.

All in all it’s fair and in line with most teams in league 2.

2 Likes

Thing is the club are well aware there is little chance to attract new fans over the coming season. Weak budget etc etc it’s just not going to happen.

So I am guessing their plan is to maximise any chance of ticketing revenue without it looking to outrageous.

People saying you can watch other Midlands teams for x aren’t going to watch them are they?

You either pay £18-£22 to watch the Saddlers or you don’t go.

Compared to other League 2 sides it’s the going rate, not the clubs fault. When we run special offers for £5 we rarely pass 6,000 so there’s not a chance lower prices will mean bigger crowds.

The club have removed Cat A & B and made the ticket pricing structure more simplistic.

Club can be beaten up with most things but not this

5 Likes

You’re missing the point. It’s not about attracting fans from other clubs it’s about attracting people that don’t go to football but might start. We have ■■■■ crowds because of the way the club has acted for years. We do not have the luxury of charging what bigger clubs do for better football. Why would anybody choose Walsall over any of those clubs if we charge the same rate?

And those fans are only going to decide day of so there’s another 2 quid.

Next time you ask a mate to go to a game that wouldn’t normally go, see what their reaction is when you tell them it’s 22 quid to go and sit in an empty ground with ■■■■ facilities to watch league two football :+1:

4 Likes

The club is also offering deals such as a family of 4 for £48, that’s £12 a ticket.

If that pricing doesn’t attract new fans what will ?

That’s great! For families. I’ve never had a problem with their pricing for kids at all. There’s clearly an issue with converting those families into long time fans though because we have plenty of families that go but the attendances are still going down.

That doesn’t mean their adult pricing is correct.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter who you support , I you expect to turn up on the day then expect to pay extra.

Turned up at B Rovers on the day, paid the same price.

Hey I wouldn’t mind paying extra on the day if the prices were reasonable in the first place.

In the championship the ticket prices are heavily subsidised by the TV money. The higher up the leagues you go the lower the proportion of a clubs money comes from ticket sales.

1 Like

Let’s be honest unless it’s a relegation or promotion match no wavering fans are going to want to watch Walsall. They’d rather watch Soccer Saturday or hang around town annoying the locals - only us die hards will go religiously.

The future is the kids which we let in for nothing, if that doesn’t push a family to go and watch live football I don’t know what will.

Dave from Leamore moaning about an extra £2 will also be the same person moaning when there’s lower transfer budgets to the manager meaning we stay in League 2 abit longer - the club cannot win with some.

7 Likes

The prices put me off being now over in Shropshire and I no longer will be going every week, picking and choosing. Paying for a season ticket upfront is a different feeling, to putting your hand in your pocket and contemplating whether that 22 quid could be spent better elsewhere.

However from a financial point of view, cases such as mine are irrelevant, to the bigger picture. 99% of fans who are going, will not be put off by 2 or 3 quid here or there.

Utterly buzzare that the argument seems to be attendances are crap anyway. Why do you reckon that is?

No two quid isn’t a lot. But it’s a slap in the face when you are already charging top dollar. It wouldn’t be an issue if the prices were fair in the first place.

1 Like

Attendances are crap because of the teams around us.

Even during our days in Division 1 when we were the most successful our home crowds were sub 5,500.

Yes we have lost most of those 1,000-1,500 fans in the past twenty years but that’s a cumulative of people passing away or people struggling for money.

People live in cloud cuckoo land if they think by dropping the prices or the day Bonser sells up we will have an extra 2,000 fans.

2 Likes