Admission Prices 2019/20

Some great points Mazza but to me it seems once again the club is sitting on that stale, no change fence really, and just throwing a few pathetic titbits to show they have listened, are trying/willing to change, but in reality have only shifted slightly ensuring the whole scratting around fiscal model continues along the same lines, and actually are putting in place their ready made excuses when we are languishing outside the promo places and the unrest and criticism mounts.

Every business at times need freshening up, to see the bigger picture, to take a step back, perhaps take a monetary hit for a while, to try something radical, something new, and most importantly, to compete with your local competition which takes on even more importance now with us being a bottom tier club and the absolutely ridiculous situation that lapsed/floating fans can watch higher grade football, in excellent stadia and facilities, with a ā€œplease spend your money with usā€ and ā€œwe value your supportā€ atitude for less. Where is the enticement for lapsed fans to return or pull occasional fans in? Or even god forbid, to hold on to the few fans we still have.

The appointment of DC to me is a bit of a coup for the club and possibly may be the last chance for WFC to move forward with a well known, experienced, well connected manager who seems to know exactly what he wants to do and the tools needed to do it but which can only be provided by investment.

I think the DC appointment will have a positive effect initially but when push comes to shove and he wants further backing to build on what he has achieved and move the team forward he will come up against the familiar barriers and find nothing has changed and all i can see is the Lee and Money scenarios happening yet again.

3 Likes

A silver lining to only having one watchable home game over Xmas. :neutral_face:

22 quid is between 7 and 10 pints of delicious beer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No you have to grind to get those fans back over a long period of time. And those prices do not help.

Who in there right mind with all of the well publicised absolutely crap facilities on offer would take the missus and kids to WFC?

The use of the word ā€œfamilyā€ and price offer is just another empty emotive smokescreen to deflect from how really crap and useless WFC is at catering for anyone.

Credit where credits due, can only see this new structure as a positive. Good to see theyā€™ve made it a tenner for kids rather than like 15 quid last season which no kid can afford on a regular basis

22 quid aint the best but certainly aint the worst either, about what you pay at the football anywhere these days

Walsall could offer Ā£2 a ticket and we would still struggle to get 6,000.

The club would then suffer on the field (more so than now) and then people would moan about being in League 2/Conference.

3 Likes

Come on now thatā€™s utterly ridiculous. Thatā€™s clearly not what Iā€™m saying.

As for suffering on the field I thought the club could survive without the fans gate money anyway :thinking: thatā€™s what Iā€™m told whenever I moan that the players arenā€™t good enough and we pay their wages.

Erm me?

Also if your that hard up and want to save yourself Ā£2 , go in the lower. Itā€™s Ā£20 on the day :+1:t2:

1 Like

The club made Ā£1,091,000 from gate receipts last season. You start chipping into that by lowering prices and you will start to see the devastating effect on the playing side.

You cannot risk the playing side of the club and annoy 3,000 die hards by looking to appease 1 or 2 that donā€™t watch Walsall regularly.

As I said prices could be dropped to Ā£2 per adult and someone would still moan about it.

We did really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  well to take 30 odd thousand to Wembley then. Or fill it against Chelsea and Barnsleyā€¦

As I said obviously Iā€™m not saying that but you are clearly going to be fasecious about it so whatever. Letā€™s have a look what the attendances look like next year :+1:

They will be ā– ā– ā– ā–  , we all know that.

And continue to be.

Look Iā€™m not going to pretend that there arenā€™t other issues with attendances than price, obviously there are. And no obviously 2 quid isnā€™t a lot of money.

But when you are already charging what local clubs are for better football you are shooting yourself in the foot.

As you said, we do very well with families and make some good offers. What do we do to retain those fans?

Incorrect, the prices are irrelevant in relation to any notable difference to attendances, for a few quid here and there.

As I said fans who want to go, will still go.The fact we are surrounded by 4 teams who are in and around the premier league, to greater and leseser extents, is a challenge we can never win.

And despite my own thoughts on Bonser-good and bad-until himself and his family are no longer associated with the Club, attendances will always significantly suffer.

1 Like

Yeah price definitely doesnā€™t relate to take up at all :roll_eyes:

We are cheaper than Mansfield and Crewe, stop whining about nothing.

The price is based around the number of people who are likely to attend and maximising the income based around that.

We would at best attract a couple of hundred ā€˜floatersā€™ on the day, that in itself wouldnā€™t justify setting the one the day ticket price of Ā£15.

I do wish people would engage their brains.

7 Likes

Bang on the money

Oh well thatā€™s alright then. People will definitely choose to travel from those places to watch usā€¦

I hope so.

Who on earth is going to say. Weā€™ll go to the Bescot today because itā€™s only Ā£20 instead of Ā£22.
You really are either deluded or just a wind up merchant.

2 Likes