Admission Prices 2019/20

Nobody.

Who on earth is going to say “I fancy going to the football today, who shall we go and watch Walsall for 24 quid or West Brom for 20 quid/Wolves for 24 quid(not even the cheapest ticket)/Villa for 24 quid?”

Call me a wind up merchant all you like but we all know the ground will be dead on August 10th when we face the mighty Forrest Green Rovers and if you think the pricing isn’t part of that you are flat out delusional.

Don’t hold your breath.

Speaking purely personally, partly due to the convenience of UK banknotes, I feel a 20 quid note for a Walsall football game at this level (home or away) is just about ok, anything below 20 quid note is a bit of a bonus, but anything over is taking the ■■■■ a bit.

Obviously this depends on the state of the season and how we’re playing, but the for the first time ever recently, I made a decision that the thought of the extra coins on top of the the 20 for the Bonser fund was a bridge too far.

It’s not the extra couple of quid as such, just the almost symbolic gesture of the note AND more coinage.

I suppose everyone’s breaking point is different. But that was mine, on that day.

1 Like

I think that all this thread has done,is to make it clear that the club is damned either way.If the admission price is too high,it’s because the team are playing rubbish,or the expectation is that the club will have a bad season.Obviously the club can’t assume that they will have a bad season,and adjust the admission prices accordingly.I think that £22 pound for an afternoons entertainment is good value,if it turns out that it’s not entertaining,you can use your money to go for a meal or to the Cinema instead.

1 Like

And people do at a more regular rate.

£450,000 / 23 Games / 5000 fans (if we even get anywhere near that next year): £3.91.

Enjoy the game.

It’s £20 in the lower ?

Reasonable pricing for league football. In the lower anyway. I’m not too sure id be happy with paying 23 quid but i dont sit there anyway. I don’t know how anyone can bear to watch football behind pillars. The thing is though if your going to go regularly and are worried about money a season ticket is really ridiculous value for money anyway.

I can understand the match day price increase as its supposed to cut down on demand at our rather old fashioned ticket window. I’m not sure its necessary at this current time though. They’ve also got rid of the pointless annoying extra 50p on the cash turnstile, which even the turnstile operators would bemoan :joy:

Good.

Other than the extra payment on match days I think the new pricing structure shows the Club have listened to what fans have been saying.

1 Like

Yep, our oddly complicated pricing structure never made any sense for a club our size.

1 Like

Its one of those subjects where the club can’t do right for half the fans,and the other half (while not endorsing it),don’t mind paying.

Who put a pound in El Nombre. Own up.

3 Likes

20 odd years there used to be 6 of us mates from school that would go to games fairly regularly. This season there will be 3 of us as season ticket holders. The other 3 will not go to 1 game. You could reduce the prices £2, £5 or make them free and they still wouldn’t go. I reckon that holds true for many many lapsed fans. The price isn’t the issue for a good couple of thousand, it’s the fact that they’ve got out of the habit of going to games (for various reasons) and reduced prices would do nothing to tempt them to ever return.

8 Likes

If pricing was everything then the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea would play in an empty stadium.

The real issue is the product not the price.

2 Likes

All the more reason to try and temp a few of them back with good pricing. Your anecdotal mates may not but some people may. I’m sure there are lapsed fans that never would go back but that doesn’t mean they’ve got the pricing down to a tee.

Or do nothing and watch the attendances further dwindle :man_shrugging:

Lol yeah that’s the same. European football in London and winning most weeks in top quality stadia in the Premier League.

You’ve just confirmed my point lol

1 Like

Wut??? I mean if I was likening us to Arsenal and Chelsea you’d have a point. You did that. And it’s completely ridiculous.

Cheaper prices would no doubt help our attendances, but I’d be surprised if cost is the main reason people don’t turn up.

How low would prices have to go to have any significant impact on crowd numbers? £15 a game, £10?

I’d love to know if the club has any sort of strategy or target for attendances. For me attracting a minimum of 5,000 home fans per game seems a realistic aim.

No I said if the product is good then fans will attend, those clubs are a perfect example. They offer European football I.e a good product, which is why they fill their stadium despite charging some of the highest ticket prices in Europe.

You are claiming that £2 is keeping the masses away from Walsall … now that’s ridiculous :joy::joy:

1 Like