Alfreton Town (A) 6th July 2019

I’d estimate around 600 or so with a good smattering of Saddlers all around the ground (can see 5 flags from where I’m sat).

1 Like

How we looking trialists wise?

:grin:

To be honest it was pretty scrappy from both sides for the first 35 minutes. We had just about all of the few attempts until then, and looking comfortable at the back as they didn’t ask many questions of our defence. We then started to get it together a bit more, committed a few extra bodies forward, and started to look more dangerous, so it was probably complacency that we let them lump a ball to the back of the box then totally failed to deal with the situation.

Not sure we’ve learned much about new players or the team itself (except that Gordon is wearing what looks very much like a welding mask - perhaps he really believes he’s a superhero?)

Expecting wide scale changes 2nd half.

Only one left on for second half…

The brothers are back for pre-season, A Trialist, B Trialist and C Trialist on for second half.

Flatt, mcalidden,Alex Nichols I believe

1 Like

Thanks for the updates, guys - much appreciated here in darkest Wales… :wink:

Not really sure yet. Just announced that everyone but Leak is being subbed by the 10 above for the start of the 2nd half. Any others will not numbered as those will be triallists.

I think we may leak a few goals with our flat footed keeper

15 is Alex Nicholls

Looks like Nichols in the 15 shirt (playing up front with 22 who I don’t recognise).

19 and 23 are on - if only we had a Freeman … :rofl:

22 is defo McAlinden

Isn’t Alex Nicholls a decent player in league 2? Would probably sign him as experienced back up cover for upfront.

Well he didn’t look like a natural goalscorer with the chance he just had (and missed).

1 Like

Not exactly prolific - 2 goals in 21 for Crewe last season.

Steve Burr scouting for Fleetwood Town today. Dobson? :thinking:

That’s the market we are looking at now unfortunately

1 Like

Not exactly going to tell you Salford have bid £6.99 and a bottle of Zivania (at Jeffs request) for him, and he’s off now, is he?

I over estimated - official attendance 511.

2-1 down in the 88th. Been coming all 2nd half.

Is she one of our trial lists today?