All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Tom Brewitt - ex Liverpool and Middlesbrough

As part of the multi tasking regime required to cover his wages, he will be making the tea in Boner Suite, before and after each game and also a brief brew up at half time

1 Like

Not too concerned yet. We always leave it late every summer, compounded this year by the WC. Transfers are only just starting to happen at the upper levels of the game, and it takes a while for the money and surplus-to-requirements to filter down the pyramid.

Having said that, it’ll be a shame to host Ajax with such a poor side.

Aren’t ■■■■■■ playing Ajax 1st XI and we’re playing the reserves?

Apparently Ajax are planning to play a mix of your team players and 1st teamers in both games.

If they watched last nights game they have probably drafted in the under 7’s :joy:

philthesaddler, I don’t think you can blame the lack of signings on the club painting the toilets and adding hot water pal…

So tom brewitt was the triallist yesterday, didn’t exactly do much to earn a contract.
Anyone saw him play apart from yesterday or no much about him?

Jamie Mackie signs for Oxford, think he will be good at this level

Is it true he’s never played a 1st team match!?

WTF

Never played a first team match. Was highly rated at Liverpool, captained their FA Youth cup winning team, and played once for England Youth. Was sent off 3 times last season playing for the smoggie u23s. Definitely not the proven div 3 player we need. But then again neither were Fox, Gerrard, and Dann I suppose. Would be another one with everything to prove.

Edit: Noticed tonight as I had a bet on, Matt Preston and Mal Benning playing for Mansfield in their 3-1 win over Derby. Wouldn’t mind having either of them in our defence. Certainly wouldn’t have minded re-signing Preston when he left Swindon if this is the level we’re shopping at. Then again we couldn’t afford him last summer, and he was our player!

1 Like

2 players who left too soon, ironically beating the trend of keeping our kids for too long out of sentiment (which is the usual process)

We are looking at a centre half who has never played a professional match. Again - WTF are we doing?

Twitter is reporting that we have signed Joe Slinn a 19 year old keeper (released by Port Vale) on a 1 year contract.

Found a tweet from Port Vale announcing he had signed his first Professional contract with the club, last February.
There is a reply from a Vale fan underneath:

"Why do we have more goalkeepers than centre halves? Mental. "

It’s becoming a trend then.

Any one saw this this morning another goalkeeper as cover I guess. Rather have some defenders or midfielders or strikers lol!!

Former Valiants: released keeper reportedly signs for Walsall Port Vale goalkeeper Joe Slinn has reportedly signed a one-year deal with Walsall.

Hardly a “sinntilating” signing - do we really need another keeper? I hope Deano can address the glaring gaps in our squad and soon. I think many of us are getting a little bit worried by our inability to sign genuine League 1-standard players.

The keeper has already gone out on loan to Rushall Olympic.

Where has any of this been reported?

Slinn was in goal for Rushall against Walsall in the friendly and made worldie saves from Baka and a Leahy freekick … before dropping a clanger for the goal.

Sounds like Slinn pickings…

What happened last time we took a keeper on emergency loan,…