All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

They have cash to burn at that level, just signed up Graham Alexander as manager.

Will probably be league 1 in next 3-4 years.

£3000 per week according to someone on Twitter

1 Like

Salford were rumoured to have offered Cook better terms than we could put on the table, too. Crazy money at that level.

Looking at the UNICEF game tonight, Daren Bent is out of contract at Burton, wonder how much he would want to stay in the game? and Usain bolt would love to get into the game? he’s not a bad player lol, i think he has the same speed as Marky rees and about the same ability :yum:

And to top it all he gets man of the match :rofl:

Forwards and creative players of Ishmeils age and ability band have a clear choice when it comes to signing for us if they are offered a grand or a few hundred quid more at places like Salford.

Believe in you own ability and join us in league 1, nail down a first team spot with hard work and frequent eye-catching performances and at the end of your contract earn a move to a top end league 1 club or a bottom end/mid table Championship club ala Deeney, Patterson, Sawyers, Brandy, Bradshaw, and now it would seem Oztumer to give a few examples. In doing so you will earn many times more than the couple of grand a week you get with us and will have shown yourself to have a good attitude and a desire to play at the highest level available at all times.

Alternatively, take the extra bit of cash now and by the time your 27/28 you might, if your lucky, just about make it to league 1, but by then the chances of a really lucrative move will have severely diminished. Ishmeil doing well in the Conference after the career he’s had so far isn’t going to attract any attention higher up the leagues.

For us, having a team of individuals who have the ambition to play in the Championship is exactly what we want, especially if they can be moulded into a “team”.

Take the other route of recruiting players who are just there to pick up a wage one word springs to mind…Bury.

4 Likes

Taking the easy money now is short sighted

1 Like

Brandy Mark II

1 Like

New signing today?

What makes you say that?

Presume you’ve seen the same “A close source has told me there may be a signing today” across social media. It’s rubbish.

(Watch us sign someone now)

Duckens Nazon has joined Belgian First Division side Sint-Truidense V.V. from W_olves for an undisclosed fee.

Shame, I’d hoped he’d join us on loan.

1 Like

No avoiding the swear filter please :smile:

1 Like

Id take Daniels

Not for agents. Parasites.

1 Like

So quiet on the rumours front isn’t it? Saw some chap posted on Twitter last week we were signing Brad Inman but no doubt just another dodgy rumour with supposed “inside knowledge” especially as a few would be needed

An aptly named thread this. Do we think there’s any fear whatsoever of announcing any signings this week?

No chance, all our targets are tied up with the World Cup :joy::joy::joy:

Well tell them a sedentary lifestyle is no good for them.

A month slouched on the sofa will not prepare them for a new season.

1 Like

Regards the Bradden Inman rumour.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if we signed him…but I wouldn’t be that surprised :wink:

1 Like