All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

I take it you have managed to have a chat with one of his clan in Whitley Bay then, whilst on your delivery run.

Good news I hope

Is geordiesaddler a midwife? If he is indicating the birth of a decent signing then thats ok by me.

My planned ‘more chance of signing John Inman’ quip seems wide of the mark. :angry:

We’ve got Imams on one thread and Inmans on the other…

1 Like

Rumour is Inman is off to Scunthorpe so we can probably rule that one out. Just scary how quiet the transfer news is … normally linked with players even if they are poor!

Seen very little rumours so far.

someone told me yesterday that the player deano pulled the pug on was 37? so that would rule ismail out but who could it have been? because that is some age for a professional footballer.

Maybe Neil Bishop? Scunny released him and he joined Mansfield on June 6th, experienced midfielder at this level.

1 Like

I’m glad he buggered off then because he was hardly prolific.

Central midfield of 37 year old Neil bishop with 37 year old Adam chambers… no thanks can you imagine that!

Actually used to rate bishop afew years ago, always a nuisance to play against

Plan would’ve probably been to rotate between two of them. Dobson is obvious automatic pick now after his great end to last season.

Probably too much to ask for Chambers to play another 40 game season. Man is a machine but time is against him now and looked off the pace at times last year.

Another name to throw into the mix…Aaron Wilbraham who’s 38. Signed for Rochdale after being released by Bolton. Battering ram striker.

1 Like

reminds me of one of the most prolific unfit players i have ever seen Akinfenwa :smile: beast of a player that knew where the sprout bag was.

Wycombe proper O.A.P team, they also have Nathan Tyson and Mackail-Smith upfront so front three has combined age of over 100.

1 Like

always liked wimbledon as a proper old fashioned footy club :ok_hand:

We are interested in Jamey Osbourne of Solihull. No relation to Isaiah :smiley:

Having seen Akinfenwa play a lot of the last 2-3 seasons he certainly isn’t unfit, just built like a boxer. Great player on the ball. League 2 is his level but he can bang them in and score some fantastic headers.

1 Like

Perhaps I should have said unfit looking @sirraygraydon :+1:

1 Like

Recall watching a young Peter Crouch play at Bescot (perhaps for QPR) and thinking how good his first touch and movement was for a bloke with such an unusual frame. Same applies to Akinfenwa.

1 Like

Very true. I watched Southampton 0 Stoke 0 last season. Stoke were awful until 37 year old Crouch came on, his control and link up play was a cut above anything else that day.

1 Like

James Hanson signed for Wimbledon, good signing that, hope we make a few additions sooner rather than later