All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

How we would all love to have some positive news. Every day we check for news, nothing seems to occur, and every day it gets closer and closer to having to start the season with what we already have.
Hope some awkward questions are asked tonight, ie is the lack of financial support holding back Deano’s attempts to improve this threadbare squad.

There would just be a stock answer ‘competitive budget, offers out there, other targets etc etc’

I didn’t see anything in Mbulu honestly. I also thought people wanted League One experience? That Sweeney has.

It WFC mate , bet your bottom dollar someone completely off the radar get unveiled.

Fair play to Deano not signing players just to appease the fans. As others have drawn attention to, hopefully he does have a very good game plan drawn up and is sticking to this.

I wasn’t at the Villa nor Ajax games but people have spoke positively about some of the triallists - hopefully he will make a choice by the end of the week after spending that time taking a closer look. Even though they (supposedly) played well Dean has already said that he wants to build a good spirit within the team, so surely the players he signs also have to fit this?

All in all, it will make for a very interesting evening tonight, with no doubt the questions all leaning towards signings and the preserved lack of ambition by the board.

Mbulu and Egert were solid in the first half. Worth having him as a squad player.

Like the post APJ88; I feel there are far too many knee jerk reactions regards “sign up all the triallists”, makes no sense at all.

There also has to be realism…someone mentioned about have four senior centre backs?! 2 to sit in the Reserves?! I want - and so does Deano - “proper” 1st team players who are going to play the majority of the season.

We already have too many players - in particular the “kids” - who are not quite good enough at the moment. There is no point adding to this cohort.

We already have too many players? We have one CB lol we have one CM that can play every game this season and an old one with dodgy knees. Besides I’m not sure what is wrong with having two players for every position, isn’t that what a squad is? We have no back up Right back at all. There’s holes all over the squad.

Besides saying we should sign all the trailists is far from what I’ve suggested certainly and not what I have seen most people suggest. Doesn’t mean you rule them out.

2 Likes

As each day passes I agree with you more. I hope it continues!

3 Likes

The new site has had a strange effect on you pair… :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Think the old site was just so stale. New site felt like a fresh start with all posters for me.

4 Likes

The fact that we haven’t had the standard “We’ve had a look at him, he’s done ok but doesn’t quite fit in with what we want to do here” statement about the Cypriot trialist would indicate to me that we’ve put an offer out there. Usually the club are pretty quick to let us know when our interest has stopped, and given that we were “taking a look” until the Ajax game, you’d think a decision would have been made.

I’d much rather see a CB come in as a priority but if there’s room in our “competitive” budget, he’s done well at his time here and he can add something different/improve on what we’ve got, then it would be a positive move in my book.

Deano will probably say he’s been released tonight now!

Agreed. Think he’s clearly been giving 110% in every game whether it was Rushall or Ajax and seems to have a good attitude. He’s also played LM. RM and CF so that is cover for Zeli, Morris and the strikers in one go.

Don’t think he’d be a starter but I’d like to see him signed once the 1st team is patched up.

Any white smoke yet from the Banks’s? Has Deano made any contract offers?

1 Like

I understand that the Meet The Manager meeting has been delayed by 1 hour tonight to allow Deano to attend a Meet The Players event.

3 Likes

Following Joe Masi’s tweets from MtM evening - two triallists left at the club. Both have played CB in games for us.

As per Masi on Twitter (at the event tonight), only two of the trialists remain- both defenders. I imagine that means Egert and Brewitt.

Also suggests that the Cypriot is gone.

He is looking to sign another striker and says the defensive situation will be sorted in the next few days.

2 Likes

He said he was hopeful of 3 possibly 4 new permanent signings before the start of the season. He also had 2 loan deals ready to go if one or two of the permanent signings did not come off but he clearly favours contracted players rather than loans… He was clear that at the moment the side needed more quality to compete well in this division but I got the impression he was quietly confident that we could succeed in the acquiring that soon.As others have said only 2 triallists remain both of whom will be involved at Cheltenham.

I’m guessing the two trialists left are Egert and Brewitt.

Mbulu was in the Lincoln team tonight.

Look likes the Cypriot lad has also gone.

And I’m guessing the “possible loan signings if the permanent one don’t come off” will be Adam Mitchell if Egert doesn’t sign as Mitchell is still at Bolton isn’t he?