All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

I’m guessing the backup loan signings are the lads from Stoke.

Hopefully the 2 that we sign are Egert and Brewitt , both look very hungry to prove their worth.

1 Like

I think it was when we played Norwich actually i think he was on loan there

[quote=“DARKOMAVRAK, post:383, topic:544, full:true”]Certainly preferable to Brewitt…cant believe we are even considering signing another kid who has never played a first team game at 21 years of age.
[/quote]

I’d get used to it if I were you. The way Premier League clubs are stockpiling young players and nabbing them from Football League academies for next to nothing means we’ll be feeding off scraps in the long term. I’d consider ourselves lucky that this one might at least allow us to develop him and sell for a profit, rather than simply borrow him for a few months.

Yes but he had never even been out on Loan, which has been a common place trend for a while now, due to the issue you rightly state.

We need a proper centre back and Keates obviously seems unsure if he is one. Egert is just that and it appears is coming more into the reckoning as every day goes by without a signing.

Not Saddlers related, but Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has signed for Halesowen Town!

Wow! I remember when he scored for Man Utd youth team against us at the Bescot, only time I’ve sat in the gods behind the goal.

Still can’t find any news on Nathan Cameron signing for anyone yet. After Zeli hinted he may follow him to Bescot, he was on trial at Mansfield or the ilk. On an exotic pre-season tour somewhere. But can’t find news he’s signed anywhere. Wonder if we’ve put an offer to him that he can’t believe will be his best one.

Heard somewhere we was injured again, whilst on trial with Mansfield.

Correct

Pretty sure that back in the day, Keates would have had some old pros playing alongside him that played at a higher level: Barry Horne, Neil Pointon and Fitzroy Simpson etc. Micah Richards is only 30 and surely would consider game time without having too much hassle? Probably has a dodgy knee but what a waste of talent because he has all the money but surely misses actual game day challenges…

There are a few decent players unattached but presumably demanding big wages, Adam Hammill being one of them.

About time there was some signing action.What is the problem?This squad is not good enough and is destined for lower leagues.

Anybody see the Nicky Devlin tweet “New House Day” and swiftly deleted?

A/ He’s on the move.

B/ He’s staying here for longer than first thought.

or

C/ I’m reading way too much into it

Ah, maybe we’ve been waiting to move Devlin on before signing the trialist(s)?

If not I hope it’s B, otherwise Tom Bradley is playing right-back against Plymouth.

Depends where the house is I guess :joy:

His new house was mentioned in the E&S last month:

Seeing various rumours stating Tamworth winger Dexter Walters has signed for an unnamed League One club, so far I’ve seen speculation that it’s either Sunderland, Coventry, Burton or Walsall.

Also doesn’t look like Nathan Cameron will be signing for anyone anytime soon, Mansfield look to have ended their interest in him due to another knee ligament injury https://www.clubcall.com/league-2/mansfield-town/2018/07/28/mansfield-end-interest-in-nathan-cameron/

Walters is off to Coventry

We won’t sign another winger - we’ve already got Ismail, Ginnelly, Kouyhar and Hayley-Docherty. Have Tamworth got any decent centre-halves?