All Quiet at The Banks's - Transfer Rumour Thread 18/19

Wonder why it’s so quiet on the transfer front

Because the budget has gone on scouting and a striking coach. We’ve completed our business, nothing more to see here :sunglasses:

Even if no permanents were signed I’d be AMAZED if there are no loans between today and the end of August.

Transfer activity seems much slower in League One these last two weeks. Not as many news transfer stories showing up in my personalised feed.

Looks like the Shrews picked up a decent winger today though, more’s the pity.

Loans not as prevalent yet, as I guess the loaning clubs are waiting till they know where they are in terms of squads. WC and new window closure inevitably going to impact when those are available. #holdyournerve

There have been some big moves though…

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/kettering-town/westcarr-returns-to-poppies-1-8551832

Were clearly waiting for the players to become available after the World Cup. :slight_smile:

Clearly sanctioned after the finer details of Ronaldo’s move to Juventus were finalised :wink:

1 Like

Only £105 million!
Why didn’t we sign him? He would have been great alongside Cookie.

Dean said we missed out on a loan cb last week as he went elsewhere. Looks like it was Ben Heneghan from Sheffield Utd, went to Blackpool.

Sounds like one of the Rushall trialists, Olly Marx, is close to signing.

Yes I read that this morning, don’t mind that one, looks like one for the future as he will be sent straight out on loan according to DK in the express and dingle this morning

I was thinking Tyler Denton who went to Peterborough from Leeds having been at Vale last season.

Out of interest, would anyone take Ngoy back on a season long loan, was the option available?

1 Like

He’s a Left Back ain’t he?

Yes. I think he’s a very good player.

Hmm he looked OK but another Wrexham link? Is there space in the budget for young non league players?

I bow to your superior knowledge. :grinning:

For those who were saying about Andy Taylor the other week, he’s on trial at Oldham.

If he was the 26 year old Andy Taylor who joined us in 2016 I’d have him back in a shot. Unfortunately he’s the 32 year old who didn’t play a single league game for Blackpool last season.
Thanks for all the good times Andy but no room for sentiment in league 1.

Looking though the rest of league 1 as far as transfer deals completed, as yet no one team is jumping out to me with a swath of fantastic signings yet, more solid but unspectacular so far