All Quiet on the Bescot Front

Brian Dutton guarantee failure that’s for sure

I’m amazed people are suddenly thinking this DoF appointment will suddenly make things fine. I know I’m in a minority judging by the reaction to the DoF appointment but we’re trusting a man to work alongside Dutton who’s own managerial experience stretches no further than two months at Notts County and midtable in the conference with Halifax.

His Crystal Palace experience is promising, but there’s a huge difference in being experienced at looking for talent for a Premier League/Championship side and looking for talent at a club where there are much bigger fish looking at them, and much bigger fish willing to put a lot more money into it too.

I hope I am proven wrong but a duo of Fullarton and Dutton screams no football league experience in putting sides together capable of getting clubs out of this division.

10 Likes

Only time will tell surley anything is better than mole and Gamble making the football decisions.

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re not wrong there. Maybe I’m just underwhelmed after wanting a DoF for so long and finally getting one. I hoped someone with genuine experience in League One and Two would come in. Someone who we know their methods more often than not bring about success in these leagues.

1 Like

I would of preferred some one with a bit more managerial experience if we are keeping Dutton on that’s no criticism either Fullarton might do a brilliant job and I wish him all the best but my minds made up on Dutton now I fear the worst from what I’m hearing from a lot of fans if we keep him.

2 Likes

Who wants to watch none attacking football week after week. Oh I know walsall fans

1 Like

If Dutton is to be head coach next season I’d want an experienced head along side him.

The thing is with Holden in the team the quality of football ain’t bad he seems to make the other players tick so if we can keep holden fit and add 3 or 4 players of quality we aint going to be far away. But has you know the recruitment hasn’t been great over the last few years.

1 Like

I see people are writing off JF already.I say lets give the bloke a chance. Criticism is fine if he underperforms but we won’t know that for at least a season.

4 Likes

Some say it’s writing him off, others would say it’s giving an opinion on the appointment we’ve made.

2 Likes

Taken out of context I know but there’s the rub, will Holden still be a Walsall player next season? I have my doubts, he is the only player in the squad that any other EFL team would be interested in.
Our only hope is that his injury record might hold back bids.

2 Likes

A recipe for success next season, eh?

4 Likes

Yes mate Pomlett out. He’s a walking disaster, absolutely clueless and under his tenure the worst league finish in 75 years

Not having a go, but I just don’t get this.

We’ve brought in a DOF to do a fair chunk of the traditional managerial role, ie. defining a style of play, identifying and signing players etc. So basically that leaves the coaching and the matchday management, and people want an experienced coach brought in to “work alongside” Dutton. So what does that leave Dutton to do? Plus there is the expectation that Dutton is going to have to work well with these people. Everything seems to revolve around Dutton rather than the football club. Just get rid of him, let Fullerton recruit his own man who he will feel more comfortable being boss of - presumably someone who already has some proven ability as a successful coach at this level and let’s start afresh putting this near calamatous period behind us rather than dragging into the summer and next season.

6 Likes

Its obvious Pomlett thinks very highly of BD and this will have influenced the appointed of DoF i.e. he has appointed someone who he feels will work well with Dutton. Proof is in the pudding and we are yet to see how the relationship will work out but I am certain BD will be here at the beginning of next season as manager.

What is pommers seeing in BD to rate him so highly?

67 years.

1 Like

You do understand the historical truth behind the chairman of the board backing the manager?

Let’s hope it is the dreaded vote of confidence then

1 Like

Ha ha.