Allen Suspension

Get the feeling we’ll pine for him to finish his ban, and we’ll be desperate to see him bolt down that left flank again.

I’m sure MF had his plans for the game, but probably had to shelve them now.

Dont know how true it is, but saw a post about Mckirdy putting shaving foam all over the officials clothes after being sent off, if true he’ll be in serious trouble

With the departure of the DoF, it’s clear he thought self-assembly was the way to go.

orient have made conor wood available 32 games for them last season 46 the season before at Bradford might be an option for us left back or wing back.

Couldn’t we play Bennett at LWB or move White across to the left and play Bennett at RWB.
Although not ideal, full backs should be a little bit adaptable to the other side, even if not on their favourite foot. It’s only 1 game and surely better than trying to play Monthe at LB in a formation not really played or favoured by the team or manager.

We could mate and I totally agree that a full back even if he’s on his wrong side would be better than a massive centre back.I just remembered that Flynn had played monthe at LB pre season so I’m assuming that’s why he did it to try it out for just such an occasion.

Don’t forget that MF played Osadebe and Shade as wing backs last season so always possible he’ll try say Timmy there?

Expecting him to rotate a bit anyway - starts for most if not all the bench fillers. And maybe a different formation? Not sure if he’ll bring in any of the kids to give them a bit more experience - more likely in the Papa John than the Carabao.

Oi - keep it on topic! The crossthread is suppposed to be about Taylor Allenkey.

2 Likes

I like monthe but he was getting caught out a lot at lb in pre season.

Absolutely mate Monthe wouldn’t look out of place in a side that went up in the top 3 places after 46 games but he isn’t a LB.He and Daniels will become better defenders after a season with Peter Clarke though that’s for sure.They are good now but he’ll teach them the dark arts for sure.

I’m convinced Flynn only played Monthe at left back during pre-season as a none too subtle message to the board that we need to sign some backup.

He played Monthe LB for most of the Hartlepool game to be fair. I reckon he will do it again.

LCB not LB

Only looked that way because of how dominant Allen was in that game against his marker

I think we’ll play Knowles there, natural left footer and a winger by trade anyway.

If he escapes getting into more trouble it will be a close shave.

Don’t start punning again, @monkeydog will be foaming.

Hope we give clarke a breather for the Swindon game to keep him as fresh as possible Also think there will be a decent attendance on Tuesday for a 1st round match UTS

1 Like

Important game to see how we fare against a team that gave us 2 lessons in how to do it last season.

I had forgotten this thread. Do we know yet how long the latest suspension is? 3 matches?