Allen Suspension

Straight red, so 3.

Big blow, I think Sadler really rates him as a left sided centre half and with Hussey retirement. Will be fascinating to see how we setup at the University of Bradford Stadium on Saturday.

Big blow? Really? Maybe for a left-footed player for team balance, but he’s very average at best. If he is our long-term answer at Centre-Half, then I’m looking for my boots in the garage!

Yep. It’s a big blow because we are low on numbers, not because he is actually any good at center back.

2 Likes

Big blow indeed!

One thing our Sads definitely does have is an eye for talent and potential, I’m sure he’ll nuture Allen excellently, so he can fulfill his potential to be the next Maldini, we’re already seeing some glimpses of that.

:laughing:

I don’t think Taylor Allen is half as bad as some make out but I do think Sadler has got a few steps ahead in his managerial career thinking he can move peoples positions (I’m thinking Knowles, Allen and McAntee already) and make them better players. pep might be able to do it but I think Sadler has more basic things to sort before he tinkers like he has been.

2 Likes

He is. Back up left back/wing back at best. Never a center back in this world. May make the team look more balanced when we have the ball but that’s not enough reason to have him as center back and probably first choice now in the left center back position, even without injuries. Shocking.

Knowles played more games at wing back last season than any other position I’d say. I agree he’s rubbish at it but Sadler didn’t change his position, he failed to identify he wasn’t good enough.

McEntee experiment could well have been O’Kelly’s idea, maybe it was Sadler’s but again he failed to see it wasn’t a long term solution.

3 Likes

Taylor Allen has got a nice left foot - but everything else about him is National League. Sadler likes him because he can put a cross in. Defensively he’s a liability and shouldn’t be starting - particularly against teams likely to put us on the back foot. Ideal role for Taylor is for him to come on after 60-70 minutes to give Liam Gordon a rest (like he should have done in the Swindon game - instead he was in the back 3).

1 Like

He’s poor.

He’s up there with Dougie as one of the worst decisions of the summer.

4 Likes

Makes you wonder what people watch :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I never said he was great, he’s not just some of the hyperbole about him as with young Doug Taylor is way OTT. He should only be a squad player and the fact he’s now a first choice starter is deeply troubling to me.

4 Likes

Taylor allen has had 1 good game for us against a very limited Colchester attack.
He has been awful ever since terrible at defending and is non league at best imo.

2 Likes