Ama Bakayoko could leave Walsall

If there is money on the table I’d I’d take it, in 6 months we might not be able to even give him away. He has a modicum of potential, but as yet unfulfilled.

On the one hand it seems like you are having a go at me el_nombre, but I have no idea what the rant is about. Assuming it’s me:

1. I can’t name players and I cannot tell you my source. It’s up to you if you believe me or not.
  2. I didn’t write the article so you need to contact the papers if you need to know which teams
  3. You don’t know the teams interested but you know they are less experienced than some Walsall fans?
  4. NOBODY is blaming Whitney it was Exile, Samsara & reedswood I think you will find
  5. Yes I think we agree on this point
  6. I have moved on, I did not slate Keates its you who disagrees with his decision to give Baka a new contract and is banging on about Whitney. Keates is the manager now as far as I am concerned.

The only thing you got right about your comments is that they are a load of nonsense but in fairness you did have the decency to tell everybody first. Why do you want to have a go at me el_nombre?

This lad will always get fans at each others throats, but lets face it, his performances in a Walsall shirt (pass to Dobbo notwithstanding) have been truly awful. No pace, no threat in front of goal, decision making appalling, unable to hold up the ball, easily knocked off the ball by defenders no bigger than Kinsella, etc etc, if we can get a fee for the lad, for heaven sake take the money and run, if another club think he has talent, good luck to them, think he’s run his course at the Bescot.

1 Like

In a strange way after reading that he is wanted by championship clubs, i now want us to keep him???. :joy::joy: even knowing how poor he has been over the years, i am wondering now if someone HAS seen something that we haven’t? or has the club released that press release hoping that we will get some interest, or it will get gulible fans like me to believe it :rofl:

snap there hand off who ever thay are

Lets keep every player and never ridicule anyone just in case they leave one day and do a half decent job.

The majority who leave are rubbish but some posters still cling to the one or two who did well.

Reminds me of this article, published by the E&S and Official site a few days before the end of the 2017 January transfer window…

1 Like

From what I remember he hardly featured under Smith and would’ve probably been released so Whitney actually showed faith in keeping him here although obviously was mis-managed last year.

Not so much out of favour with Smith but had a career threatening knee injury which Whitney, as a physio, helped him recover from.

I automatically look for an Ancient Moaner post whenever Baka is mentioned. I’m not sure he has made it over from the old site.

I think Cook and Baka being fed by flying wingers would be a force to reckon with. It would take so much pressure off Baka that I’m sure he would relax and we could see him more consistently deliver on the potential we all know he has.

3 Likes

Same here P.T, I hope AM is alright, he might moan but it adds variety.

As for Baka I agree that we need to see what he can do in a different system and then decide. It’s not easy for some players to play a lone striker role.

1 Like

Exactly. I think he could yet display the potential he exhibited before Whitney. Like all other attacking players we’ve had over the last two seasons, he’s just gradually got worse. I don’t blame him for it, just as I didn’t blame the players who were good before Merson took over who looked rubbish when he was in charge. We’ve been rudderless, everyone deserves a chance to show what they can do under the guidance of an actual football manager.

1 Like

The club took up the option on his contract to extend it by 12 months. Was this due to the fact they could make some money on him (probably not a lot) or is it due to the fact Dean saw something in him that he could work with?

As others have said, he showed great promise early on, especially when playing for the reserves - I remember his goals to games being very good. Could it be down to mismanagement by Whitney? I trust Dean with whatever decision he makes regarding Bakayoko.

1 Like

You do not need to be Hercule Poirot to see that AM is alive and well and posting - even on this thread! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

He made a few appearences at end of 13/14 and at start of 14/15. I was at a game at home to Yeovil when he got ten minutes as a sub.

Think after that he went on loan to Southport and disappeared from contention although he could’ve had a serious injury, just don’t remember it.

I think if Smith had stayed on until summer 2016 he’d have been released then.

Sorry HQ, I was talking about Osbourne. My fault for going off topic!

Anyone worried about AM…just start a Good luck Burnley in europa league thread in other football section and see which poster on here goes into a rage.:wink:

AM is alive and well and still calling teams Roverum and Bradfurt.

1 Like

I said it before.
Maybe the signing of Cook could give Baka the kick up the ■■■■ he needs.
Like @P.T said them pair up front with 2 darting wingers supplying them with crosses we could be in for a eventful season.

1 Like
  1. I don’t

2. Contact the paper? What planet are you on? Forgive me for being sceptical on the accuracy of our press.

3. Yes I do. Or do you genuinely think that a scout from ANY team regardless of who it is has seen Baka more than a Walsall fan?

4. For keeping him on? No they are not. You are talking about two different things, his development and his new deal.

5. Fair

6. How am I banging on about Whitney. I picked it out from your post lol

I don’t want to have a go at you. I don’t want to have a go at anybody. I just think you are wrong and said so. And your terrible “I know you are but what am I?” Response doesn’t change that.

‘I know a number of players who won’t play for Walsall because their fans are really mean’

Yeah right. Its hardly Galatasary at Bescot is it?

5 Likes