Andy Williams signs

Not too impressed, but MF is slowly building his team. So if someone sees a role for him, then ok. It must be good then.

One, not all Walsall fans say that. I lost track of the amount of times some bloke said ā€œAndy Rammellā€ last season, usually followed by bellowing ā€œger it forward!ā€ Because theyā€™re out of date with modern football.

And Two, even hold up strikers need to score goals. Would be nice to have strikers that actually score for a change.

1 Like

Poor bloke, hope he isnā€™t reading our ā€˜welcomingā€™ comments

4 Likes

Welcome to football. Heā€™s 35 I reckon heā€™s used to it.

3 Likes

What do Walsall fc expect though? Weā€™ve been crap for years and this is the kinda signings we get after a wave of excitement.
We never change
Walsall are pros at putting a dampener on things
Come on surely even we can do better canā€™t we???

2 Likes

Weā€™ve Only Just Begun.

6 Likes

With the exception of Liddle, the others were signed as first choice, starting eleven players. Williams will typically be a plan B sort of player, which Flynn traditionally likes to have in his squad. It gives us a different option, something that weā€™ve lacked for years

Am I the only one who thinks this is a smart move? With the fuel crisis showing no signs of abating, if weā€™re chasing those players who already qualify for free bus travel and discounted rail fair, we save on team coach costs, so we can navigate this crisis in a way that other clubs donā€™t have the forevision for. Itā€™ll see us make it through this crisis in a way many clubs down the leagues wonā€™t.

8 Likes

Fcking crewe sign baker richards we sign this

Slightly concerned by our dealings , wonā€™t lie.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind this signing. Heā€™s always looked decent against us and has a reasonable record at this level.

2 Likes

OPD spoke to a Newport fan after Flynn joined, he said MF always like to have a target man in the squad so we should expect to sign one as an option rather than a guaranteed starter.

1 Like

Iā€™m just waiting for Mike Flynn to sign Kevin Ellison if he doesnā€™t agree a coaching deal at Newport.

1 Like

Getting Tom Brady vibes from this signing.

Letā€™s be clear, league two is rubbish so to have a clever, experienced striker is good business in my view.

To accompany this, Iā€™d like us to get Luke Pearce on loan from Southampton.

As the statement number 9, Iā€™d like us to push the boat out and get Isaac Olaofe. Canā€™t say too much but Iā€™ve made the suggestion to someone of influence and hope that they listen to my suggestion.

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Heā€™s scored 137 league goals in 388 games- one in three. OK his best seasons were some time ago but it sounds like he has a strikers instinct.
I remember when Jon Macken joined us when he was well past his prime, but the lower standard of football balanced out his lack of pace and he did well, especially with assists. I know itā€™s too late now, but I reckon Georgie Miller would have benefited greatly from having this guy with us.

2 Likes

Really???

Relax guys he has signed as the striker coach :smile: :wink:

Will a 36 year old striker offer more than a fully fit Rodney , time will tell I guess.

Itā€™s just too good to be trueā€¦

5 Likes

The SLO? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like