Andy Williams signs

Not quite, you cheeky bar steward! @SirKennethArthurDodd

:wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

1 Like

Impressed me when he was at Swindon in League One, but that was close to 10 years ago. Hopefully heā€™s still got it.

Kinda signing we should have made 10 years ago not now when there per their sell by date

1 Like

Think itā€™s a real mixed bag. Riley I think is a very good signing for this level, McEntee and Gordon have promise. Clarke is a real splitter between good experience/41 year old. And Williams is a 35 year old, with an uninspiring recent record.

Iā€™m 50/50 so far, which worries me because thatā€™s how our recruitment has played out for the last 3 years.

2 Likes

He has been decent in the past and scored goals. Thing is can he still do it nowā€¦. Iā€™m up for experience if you have ā€œlegsā€ around them. I think we have to trust Flynnā€™s judgment.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia itā€™s more like one in every four and a bit. Career record is 157 goals, 683 games, but how many of those were starts I donā€™t know.

Stockport sign kyle wooton and lemoneigh evansā€¦ we sign this guy

3 Likes

Different levels of ambition. I honestly believe our board are happy with just sitting above relegation and making enough every year to buy a guilt free pack of scratching a

1 Like

Weā€™ve only just begun.

Weā€™ve signed plenty of players over the years that have seemed underwhelming, but some won us over and whelmed us good and proper. Kevin Wilson was one, I think it was 3 goals in 69 games for Notts County, Rambo was another. Not saying this chap will be as good as either of those, but it seems a bit early to write him off. Another to file under ā€œtime will tellā€.

6 Likes

Do try and keep up! :grin:

2 Likes

In terms of sheer numbers, we know we have to sign(or take on loan), at least two more forwards, two goalkeepers and two midfield players. Letā€™s wait to see how it all fits together.

Fans ask to see the back of Osadebe and Rodney and, as has been said, call for an experienced striker.

4 Likes

If heā€™s been signed as our main goal threat itā€™s a terrible signing, if heā€™s here as Flynnā€™s big boy option off the bench Iā€™m absolutely on board with it. One of those deals we will only be able to judge in the context of the whole window so Iā€™ll be holding off on calling for a new gaffer for now.
Will say though that we have a less than stellar recent record signing older players. Could do with the next couple of signings being in the 22-29 age range though as teams that are giving it a good go tend to have at least a handful of players in their peak footballing years.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t read that far down when I responded hence me saying Somethinā€™ Stupid. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Only fools rush inā€¦

1 Like

Hard to see any step change in our playing budget with the signings so far - but Iā€™d expect at least 3 more, so thereā€™s still time

Chaps - evaluate the signings in the context of the rest of the signings that are bought in between now and August.

10 Likes

And if we bring three better strikers in I will be very happy. At the minute heā€™s the main one at the club and I donā€™t have confidence in Walsall FC to spend on what we need. Hope they do.

2 Likes

We wonā€™t sign 3 as we still have wilko and kiernan( whoā€™s now classed as a striker as we donā€™t play wingers ) and have willock coming through .
unless we get rid of kiernan
I expect 2 strikers a young loan from Bradford or equivalent and some guy who once scored 10 goals for a league 1 team 10 years ago

1 Like