Anyone Remember?

Thought it might be fun to have a thread about the little things you remember from days gone by. I’ll start - remember when you could pop into a small room outside the ground and have a bet, selecting from a pre printed sheet of fixtures, first scorers etc? I do remember predicting Wayne Evans as first scorer at 50/1 on the night he actually did score for the first time in years!

5 Likes

Anyone remember the PlayStations they used to have at either side of the home end in the food kiosk areas - quality pre match and half time entertainment for the kids!!

3 Likes

Sumo!

4 Likes

Dancing Kev . Brilliant . Think someone said he got banned for some reason.?Bring him back .

2 Likes

Players being able to celebrate with their supporters without getting a yellow card .:thinking:

3 Likes

Chips

Gobbing at people and getting aggressive mate

4 Likes

Does anyone remember the guy who used to chuck coins at any opposition player who dared to score against us? Remember him chucking a pie at Martin O’Connor when he scored against us for blues in a friendly :joy::joy:

Didn’t know that always seemed harmless.

1 Like

Goalflash on the scoreboard

Pretty sure that is my first ever memory of my first game :smile:

10 Likes

Just before kick off the fans singing a song for pretty much every player on the pitch I.e super super Jim super Jimmy walker. And iiiannn roper Ian ian roper. The pre match atmosphere was so much better when it was terraced behind goal

9 Likes

hanging half time scores on boards with letters A, B, C etc. You didn’t know which match was which unless you bought a programme with fixture details against the letters.

10 Likes

Goalies handling back passes. Last seen at Euro ‘92.

1 Like

Matches with around 8-10,000 fans in for a league match,especially night games,for some reason you could always smell the cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke more on night games.

13 Likes

Two things from Fellows Park.

The combined smell of Bovril and Urine as you walked up the concrete steps.

Singing ‘bring on the Saddlers’ at the back of the Street End, ripping up news paper to throw when the lads came out, and a random bog roll being thrown on the pitch at the same time.

5 Likes

Anyone remember Wofie our famous supporta? :joy:

2 Likes

1967 - 8 ave home league att was 9,127. Plus nearly 10 k v Shrews in the FLC. 17K v… WHU in the FLC. 15K v. Palace FAC and 21K Liverpool FAC. 8K v. Arsenal for a reserve game. Happy days /nights!

2 Likes

Shirt numbers 1-11. There was 10 of us who put a quid each in the hat and pull a number out, first shirt number to score won the cash, rolled over if it was a 0-0.
This was on the old terrace.

1 Like

One sub

2 Likes

Football Special buses

2 Likes