Anyone Remember?

And players had black boots , oops am I allowed to say that particular colour, no offence was meant in the making of this opinion.

3 Likes

Dogs/foxes/cats running onto the pitch.

I ran into Yata on Facebook a few years ago. He’s living on the south coast somewhere.
I remember the songs from the Street End ‘Yata Is Our Leader’ and ‘Yata’s Trousers’

1 Like

The days when you could go into the Banks’ and watch a football match and there was none of this Covid rubbish.

2 Likes

… Rambo (Andy Rammell) giving Gary Strodder a Black eye, having Wrexham’s Brian Carey in a headlock and roughing up Sean Dyche! :joy:

Oops, your halo slipped a bit there…

1 Like

Nice try, but how about quoting the whole piece? :smile:

So you are not terrible quick to quote any content of my posts out of context then?

RIGHT … Could Belphegor and Worsul4eva kindly take their personal slanging match to the medium of a PM session, so that the rest of us aren’t encumbered by it.

No, I won’t be doing that

I’m calling out the stuff you should be modding as opposed to deleting mild “swearing”

Me neither.

Well at least we agree on that :smile:

I remember when I could go to a match, talk to friends, have drink and shout at the referee. Those were the days my friends we thought they would never end BUT they have and may never come back! Lets be clear Walsall FC and many others are in danger of folding and our national game being destroyed.

1 Like

Keep the contributions to that standard and we will all be happy!!

1 Like

I reckon those at the top may well see this as an opportunity to restructure the whole thing, blaming Covid for something that they would never have been able to get through in normal times.

European League, Two domestic professional leagues and everything else part time. Would guarantee the next generation supporting the “big” teams and all the talented youngsters would be there for the taking.

1 Like

you could be right on that but we should not meekly sit back and let it happen.Write to your MPs ,use whats left of the press and contribute on social media sites. I have been on two right wing sites today(I would wouldn’t I) expressing my strongly held views that what the government is doing is wrong and needs reversing. Even worse than the decision on sports is the cruel trick played on wedding couples by limiting guests to just 15 from 30. I am sure that will make a big difference-NOT.

1 Like

Boots…
with toecaps of steel (well, hard, thick leather)
and studs with nails in, hammered directly into the boot sole (which was also good, thick leather). When the studs got worn down, the nails showed and provided a handy weapon. Unfortunately, as the leather of the stud wore away ( and especially if you walked over hard ground) the nails would also protrude into the boot. Could be quite painful.
Ah, the good old days. Mind you, there was no problem in those days if someone trod on your toe in the tackle - you hardly noticed, and the physio wouldn’t even know how to spell metatarsal.
[I don’t remember many boots being black, either: they was always, like, brown (as in “leather”), but maybe I’m thinking of a much earlier time].

1 Like

Paul Marston and Trevor Gedge.

2 Likes

And that is just what the fans used to wear :joy:

1 Like

pink papers on a saturday.

8 Likes