Anyone Remember?

That good old Vauxhall dealer …always wanted the white Astra GTE he always seemed to have on the forecourt

Actually, wasn’t it the launch of the Goalden Gate that they got Nat Lofthouse to come and do at Walsall town hall? Loads of people turned up expecting some juicy announcement about the club’s plans going forward (like when Terry Ramsden was unveiled), loads more went to see “the Lion of Vienna”, and in the end all it was about was a change in the club lottery. :rofl:

1 Like

A painful game for Paul Jones who was carried off a couple of minutes into the game following a horror tackle and was never the same player again. Ned and Willie (penalty) our scorers.

The only time I ever went in the seats at FP because of Mrs Hullsaddler and 2 young children. We were at the back in the top right corner and could not see a thing through the ‘glass’ on the side of the stand, Worse view I have ever had at any football match!

1 Like

The old Wigan seats were just as bad, and at Hereford i was about a foot off the ground :joy:

Were you sitting or standing? :wink:

1 Like

Ok bigfoot :smile: :wink:

Oh I don’t know Hull,I think anywhere in the stadium last season would give you a run for your money :grinning:

1 Like

I was there and signd up on the night for me and the other half. She was one number away from the winner of the holiday at Ramsden’ s place in the frst draw but did win £300 in a later draw to just about cover our input during it’s running.

1 Like

The only manager to be sacked on a Pools Panel result :laughing:

Pre season…first team v reserves, kids in for a shilling instead of 2/6d!

Those light blue invalid carriages that were parked near the pitch on MOTD.

1 Like

First time I’ve ever heard them called “invalid carriages”…

They were known around our way as spazza chariots when I was a kid. Thankfully times have moved on for the better.

2 Likes

Ye they are much more modern :joy:

2 Likes

BBC News - Gone for a decade: The invalid carriage

The showers of rust from the cowshed roof when we started to bang on the corrugated iron “wall” at the back. Worra great sound!
The clouds of smoke and steam from the railway line behind the Laundry End, wafting over the pitch, as a train passed.
(Apologies if these already mentioned).

Tuncy Sloblock?
Whatever happened to?

Rushall Olympic last time I saw him. A few years ago though.

1 Like

And more often than not the driver would blow his whistle as the train went past the laundry end.

1 Like