Ash Taylor signs

Excellent pick up.

That’s the CBs sorted for the season if they all stay fit. Monthe, Taylor as first choice with Sadler, Leak and in emergency White covering.

Spine looking good, just need a reasonably proven CF to complete set and summer business will have gone beyond my expectations based on the CVs of these players, all pretty proven at this level or higher.

1 Like

Nicky Maynard and/or Dane Scarlett on loan hopefully

1 Like

Would the latter be your captain @Bags10?

2 Likes

I have mentioned Maynard a few times in the right team i think he still has a good season in him at this level.Clubs were tripping over themselves to sign him just a year ago.

Worth a one year deal definitely

1 Like

Paul Mullin signed would guarentee promotion no bother.

Not expecting club to pull it off but would happily take 3-4 free loans of the standard seen last out wide and at left back if every penny left of the available budget was used to secure him.

You never know, he previously left Tranmere in league one to join a Cambridge team who were bottom half of league 2 at the time and a few of his Tranny mates are here.

1 Like

Would take Hiwula over Maynard.

3 Likes

Maynard is past his sell by date, I don’t think he can add anything here.
A Paul Mullin signing would catapult Matt Taylor in to Sir Ray territory.
If he can persuade Mullin to come here that would be an amazing coup for the club.

I forgot to comment on Ash Taylor. a really good signing and an excellent partner for Monthe.
We’re shaping up very nicely.
A goalkeeper and a CF needed.

3 Likes

Absolutely no chance that Paul Mullin would ever come here off the back of a 32 goal season.

He’ll have the majority of League 1 clubs after him.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that Mullin will end up with Dobson at Charlton. Sunderland were also linked, who have just sold Charlie Wyke to Wigan. If Walsall sign Mullin, I would be flabbergasted!

Well there’s a few big league two names that have bought into Matty’s narrative and his vision for the club as we heard with every single interview our new recruits made,stranger things have happened mucka you just never know.

2 Likes

We’ve managed to sign several quality players so far, it’s almost like a dream team, adding Mullin would be a dream!
I realize there’s no way he’s coming here, but if Matt was given the money and the opportunity to talk with him, I wouldn’t bet against him signing for Walsall.
Huge if’s, I know!

2 Likes

Ash started in our youth and made over 200 apps for us after breaking through.

Started off really promising but seemed to tail off abit towards the end of his spell at Rovers. Very tall (6 foot 3-4 i think) and decent in the air. Really poor distribution though and seems to find the easy way out alot during matches with the big hoof. He left us on a free with no compo as he moved to Scotland, which left alot of supporters quite bitter at him.

Probably will be decent enough for you at L2 level though, and i noticed he bagged a decent amount of goals for a defender at this level for Northampton a few years ago.

4 Likes

Do Bradford fans know what they are letting themselves in for?. Almost identical to Walsall. He comes to League 2 again after doing well in the Scottish premiership

6 Likes

Player was a complete waste of space for us …watch him rip the league up now … oh hang on :thinking:

Neither can we :wink:

9 Likes

Our benches must be comfy.

I do miss seeing his partner in the stands and that’s about it. Mrs Taylor more legendary than him if he’s married

1 Like

Wank player plays at a wank level and now thinks he’s not wank.

6 Likes