Attendance for cambridge

I will go less than 3k

There is a scheduled West Midlands Trains strike on Saturday so that will impact on the attendance RMT strike action goes ahead on West Midlands Trains - rmt
I use that service from Birmingham as I live in London - does anyone know the best way of getting from Birmingham to Bescot without using the train? Do I have to get the X51 then walk from the Bell and through the Delves? Or get off by the Metro hotel (ex Travelodge) and walk along the Broadway?

Virgin trains stop at Sandwell & Dudley station.
You can then jump on a bus (4/4H/4M) outside the station that takes 30 minutes to the West Bromwich Road/Walstead Road stop, then a 10 minute walk to the ground.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I already have my tickets from London to Birmingham (Chiltern Line) though.

You still have the option of using Virgin from New St to Sandwell (although I guess it will be a bit crowded on Saturday).
Otherwise, it’s as you suggest - but with a bus (401/45) from the Delves (Cypress Rd) to the Bescot as an option instead of walking the whole way from the Bell.

I believe there are still trains running between Walsall and Birmingham (no trains from Walsall to Rugeley TV). How often or how reliable is another question (will we notice the difference?).

Cheers mate. They have released the Saturday timetable now and hopefully they will stick to it, so I should be ok.

As said, there will be no trains on the Chase Line to Bloxwich, Cannock and Rugeley, all trains terminate at Walsall.

There is, in theory, a half hourly shuttle running Wolverhampton - New Street - Walsall, with all trains stopping at Bescot Stadium.

From New Street, trains depart at 12:27, 12:57, and then half hourly until 14:27 (due Bescot 14:50). After the game, trains depart for New Street at 17:04, 17:34 and every half hour after that until 19:34.

From Walsall, trains depart at 12:31, 13:01 and then half hourly until 14:31 (due Bescot 14:34). After the game, trains depart for Walsall at 17:19, 17:50 and the same times past the hour until 19:19.

Having said all that, the service has been so dire for the past few months that I wouldn’t place any trust that these trains will run, and before the game I certainly wouldn’t leave it till the last possible departure. It’s not yet known whether this timetable will be the same on all of the other Saturdays on November and December when staff are on strike.

five blocks sold out

1 Like

Lower 5 & 6 are reserved for the cash turnstile so not really sold out. I don’t think Upper 1 is ever on sale either.

So 2 blocks sold out!

5625 with 751 from Cambridge

Pretty long queue at the ticket office again when i walked past about 15 minutes ago. Perhaps they should communicate the existence of cash turnstiles in the lower?

Well, one cash turnstile anyway, which you can’t go through with a season ticket, much to the confusion of us and indeed the stewards themselves.

It’s not rammed in here, let’s put it that way.

1 Like

5429 with 545 from Cambridge.

Surprised, but the weather has ‘turned’ so a few more will have made the effort.

Thank fook for that

1 Like

All things considered 5500 a decent turnout with recent performances and league position. Whilst also being a little sad as if we were mid table or higher it could well have started with a 7 with the new takeover and optimism.

2 Likes