Barrow (H) - Fri 12th March, 7pm

Due to the teams that both of us should have been playing are involved in the EFL Trophy Final this weekend, we now welcome Barrow to Fortress Bescot for a Friday Night Football Fiasco.

Caretaker vs Caretaker
18th vs 22nd
A relegation six pointer?

Barrow have dispensed with the services of two managers this season in David Dunn and Michael Jolley and are now led on a caretaker basis until the end of the season by Rob Kelly who is vastly experienced within football.

They currently find themselves 22nd in League Two with 29 points from 31 games and have scored 35 goals (Walsall have 36) and have conceded 41 (just like us!). They are scrapping for their league status and are going to be fully motivated to beat us to aid their potential survival.

Barrow’s last six games have been:

16th Feb - Salford City (a) - Lost 1-0
20th Feb - Morecambe (h) - Lost 2-1
23rd Feb - Oldham Athletic (a) - Won 2-1
27th Feb - Bolton Wanderers (a) - Lost 1-0
2nd Mar - Harrogate Town (h) - Lost 1-0
6th Mar - Mansfield Town (h) - Won 2-0

6 points out of 18.

Due to work I didn’t see us play on Saturday but based on numerous comments it appears that although we didn’t make a breakthrough, we were playing better than in recent games. Will this continue?

Please post up your predictions for the score, starting line up, and how you see the game being. Personally I think we always struggle with the lower placed teams and I’m not looking forward to this game one bit.

Any links between the sides, give us some info below!

This is quite possibly the BIGGEST GAME FOR MANY YEARS for Walsall. Defeat, and i fear the worst.

Walsall vs Barrow - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Goalless Draw
  • Score Draw
  • Barrow Win

0 voters

1 Like

If we play like we did on saturday then we will get at least a draw, but we just need one to go in off somebody’s arse and we win, Ty to get the winner 1-0 :wink:

Time for a win, but when it won’t be possible, draw is a minimum plan. Defeat will cause a lot of bad things, so better not. After the draw it would be still nine points, so maybe not that bad.

If ever there was a must win game in anyone’s season it’s this one.
Like Rob, not looking forward to this at all, we have been pathetic at home, can’t score to save our lives, and Barrow won on Saturday, whilst we fell to a sucker punch defeat.
Not good omens
0-0 again.

I just can never see is winning nowadays! We never shoot, never score and still always concede a goal.
It’s a recipe for disaster against any team, barrows defence shouldn’t have a problem keeping us out when we hit the final third!
Bore draw at most

1 Like

Played for both:
Andy Cook
Ashley Grimes
Rory Holden
Rod McDonald (1 game for Barra)
oh
 and Jayden Reid.

1 Like

We have to turn the corner soon. I’m going for a 2-1 win. Lavery brace.

Playing Barrow on a Friday in front of literally no fans trying to eek out a result to prevent us becoming embroiled in a scrap to preserve our league status.

What a time.

11 Likes

If we play as we did Saturday I predict a win but only a narrow one
1-0 will do.

Howard Riley and Colin Methven

I’m surprised I missed “The Mekon”, but Riley was a bit before my time. Looked him up and he scored the winner in the 1964 League Cup Final against Stoke for Leicester, then scored for us against Stoke in the FA cup in '66. He’s 82 now.

My wild match prediction is no more than two team changes, and the same number of goals for us. Scored by our strikers would be nice, but won’t complain if not.

1 Like

8/5 Barrow
7/4 Walsall
11/5 Draw

Underdog at home to Barrow
says it allđŸ˜©

2 Likes

Let’s hope for Grimsby & Southend defeats tonight. They both have vastly inferior goal differences to us ( & Barrow too). If they lose, a draw on Friday would be a disappointment but not a disaster. A couple of wins for them and if others below us pick up points then it becomes more crucial.
I think it will be 1-1.

1 Like

Can’t see a win here, fear a Southend repeat.

Scrape a 1- 0 win. OG/error by Barrow.

I just have a feeling here. Friday night, something different, improving play
3-1 to the Saddlers!

This is where we get out of jail with a 1-0 win.

Wowzers. Three shots on target good enough to beat a goalkeeper. We can dream and hope.

1 Like

Hoping their keeper might be sent off in giving us a penalty in the first 5 minutes