Barrow (H) - Fri 12th March, 7pm

We still have to score though!

1 Like

I was nodding in agreement until you said penaltyā€¦

1 Like

To have any hope of the permanent job Dutton simply has to win this. No excuses.

1-1.

3 Likes

To be honest, If they do win here, a draw a loss and a win out of the last three fixtures really isnā€™t that bad considering the opposition, the turmoil and how early we are into Duttonā€™s spell. Iā€™d argue possibly level par.

A loss though and thereā€™s no way around it, itā€™s a disastrous spell. A draw wouldnā€™t be much better. I think if we draw we will be looking at a new manager for definite in the summer. A Loss and I think we could be looking for one next week. If itā€™s not the biggest game of our season it definitely is the biggest game of Duttonā€™s

2 Likes

Will potentially be a similar attendance to that if we were allowed in :joy:

Grim. A must win or I fear the confidence will vanish and the result may be a possible freefall.

I think itā€™s going to be a draw :frowning: just cannot see where a goal is coming from. 0-0.

2 Likes

Iā€™d take a draw to keep them 9 points behind us and another game gone.
Shocking really that Iā€™m actually saying drawing at home to Barrow would be a decent result.
Thatā€™s where weā€™re at though.

1 Like

Gordon takes it, tops it completely but the substitute keeper dives the other way and it dribbles into the net. Then we are on our way!

Did someone have a bit of a side bet on Gordon scoring 20 plus goals this season? i think it was in danger of having to be paid pout but not now.

Grimsby winning 1-0 at HT Barrow have won 2 of their last 4 we need a win and quick time, to me this is a bigger match than many think it is.

4 Likes

Southend losing 2 nil at half-time. Stays like that we are 9 points clear of them with 2 games in hand.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true we need to score some goals to win a game in hand thatā€™s my worry.Not happy either all my bets are coming in apart from Carlisle who are losing to youā€™ve guessed it bloody Grimsby :weary:

I think that we will be ultimately ok because itā€™s a lot harder for teams to make up a 9 point gap at the bottom when they are there because they are on poor runs, than a team on a good run towards the top.

When we are away at Eastleigh on the first day of next season, I will reread the above comment & think what do I know.

Mansfield winning. Puts us in N-N-Nineteenth.

Carlisle equaliser. Grimsby drawing :partying_face: :partying_face:

The club seem to think weā€™ll be in the EFL next season at least.

Think we will win this one :pray::crossed_fingers:

Thatā€™s because we are an optimistic, progressive and forward thinking club!

Considering we are not playing tonight I would have settled with that set of results from the teams around and below us.

1 Like

Just goes to prove how we have a become a poor relegation threatened 4th Division club, very little separates us from non League at presentā€¦how we have fallen from grace. The unthinkable result of a defeat on Friday (though I think it will be a boring 0-0) would see us battling (sorry, giving in to) a REAL relegation battle, hoping that those at the bottom continue to be as bad as us.

1 Like

We appear to be getting better under BDā€™s leadership. Heā€™s due his first win and so are his team.
As our forwards are not getting the job done, one of the new lads to chip in with a goal.

I said it was unacceptable to be this low when Clarke was in charge and itā€™s unacceptable now. Dutton really has one shot at his job even if it is interim, surely.

5 Likes