Bates and Kinsella sign new long term contracts

We won’t be in league one next season, but no he wouldn’t at this moment in time … but neither would 90 percent of this side.

He’d be a very handy squad player though, and I’d get through A LOT of names I wouldn’t want in a league one team before I got to Liam Kinsella. People talk about gelling and consistency, does it get any more consistent? He’s the only player in our entire squad I would describe as consistent. All he needs is a different midfielder next to him who can handle their own work load. and hey, who knows, if he had that he might play some Steven Gerrard spreads and spank a few from distance and people will actually appreciate what he brings for a change. Shocks me that he produces the performance he does week in and week out and still gets knocked, especially when compared to others in this side

3 Likes

Kinsella is mid table league 2 player , so makes sense.

Good signing.

I am not talking about flair players at all.

I think what we are screaming out for in the middle is someone who can take charge of the game, get the ball off the back 4 and use it quickly, play through the lines, and carry the ball forward a bit.

Kinsella does none of these things. He’s very good in the tackle and turning the ball over - but what else does he do?

He’s not very good positionally, he doesn’t switch play, break lines, or get in the box.

Next game, watch him closely. When he gets the ball - he very rarely plays it forward. He just lays it off to the fullback and hides for the second ball.

I think he would be perfect in a 451 away from home against a high flying team.

I think a midfielder needs a bit more about them to play in a 442 personally. Look at Crewe last season, their midfielders were absolutely brilliant. Took the ball, carried it, switched play, got in the box. A fine example of what you can and should do to get out of this league - in 2021.

2 Likes

So is the whole squad apart from one or two players,

Yes, I too think we should have Claude Makelele at league one level.

No doubt his instructions are win the ball back and play it to the closest player.

That’s childish.

Crewe managed to have 3 Claude Makelele’s last season then. Other teams like FGR manage it too.

Football has changed, move with the times.

2 Likes

For every manager he’s been managed by?

No, they didn’t.

Ermmm, yes they did.

Lincoln did it season before.

How bizarre they managed it.

No your wrong, most are worse.

How come they haven’t all been sold for 50 plus million pounds then? What a ridiculous point. They weren’t, and you don’t need to be at this level. You need 11 players doing their job. I know that it upsets some of our fans that he isn’t spraying the ball like a hose but there’s a reason managers keep re-signing him.

1 Like

Way over your head, when it comes to football.

I’ll stop there, as you have started being silly.

2 Likes

Yawn. Remember when you used to say this to me about signing Rory Gaffney and Gary Liddle, and certain other decisions taken by our manager? One day you might take in somebody else’s opinion instead of assuming you’re above it.

3 Likes

Good to see kins and Bates signed up on long term deals. Both are definitely worth keeping.
Would like to see Wes , flash and adebayo follow suit but I think they will move on in the summer.

1 Like

Kinsella is more effective in this team as we’re fairly tat and his running about stands out more, similar to when we were relegated. He is no more than that, a league 2 dog, and so suits us exactly what we are.

Bates is potentially a better footballer though imo but looks to need the right players around him, something he’ll never have here. Can see him developing into a nice player but elsewhere. Should be worth a few quid hopefully.

3 Likes

He can buy a new van now

1 Like

Always need a kins in your side

They’ve probably not been offered more money,but had a clause put in saying if a bigger club (take your pick from the other 91 clubs) comes in they can go.

Pleased they have signed contracts. Kinsella is a very good defensive midfielder and the best tackler we have at the club. I would like to see him venture forward more often and open defenses.
I’m still on the fence with Bates, he loses the ball too often and is incapable of passing the ball forwards. Too many side-to-side and back passes for my liking.

2 Likes