Ben Purkiss signs

Was no better than a bang average third division right-back when he was last with us.

Which is why I hope his Gregory gets better soon and he can be a viable option in the right-back berth.

We seem to have a lot of potential cover at right back now, but none at left back.

1 Like

Perhaps Mr Bonser read about your pension fund and is going to try and tap you up …

1 Like

He can fudge off, i have skived hard for that :laughing:

1 Like

You mean you didn’t build it up by doing bogus rents with the council … very similarly to our very own esteemed

2 Likes

Those who heard the Southend commentary will also have heard he needs to be signed to a club to continue his PFA role. So works for him and aids his recovery. Non contract terms so gives us added experience, improved scouting network and when fit additional cover at minimal cost, plus he’s a sexy beast!

Win, win all round, great bit of business for all concerned.

1 Like

Exactly, imagine if JW had made this signing.

An injured 34 year old League 2 standard (at best) right back.

Waste of everyone’s time.

Imagine missing the point of this deal by so far.

Seems to me he’s a scout more than anything and in the mean time can use our facilities to recoup. Lends even more experience to a pretty young group too. On a non contract basis. Hardly like Keates is begging for him to be fit so he can start.

4 Likes

He’ll be fourth choice at right back. Agree this is a deal that is mutually convenient for club and player, he wont be bothering the first team any time soon.

1 Like

You clearly don’t understand the deal then do you, just like I don’t understand football.

Can you explain why he is a good choice to do all of those duties you describe?

You’d sign Tom Brewitt after watching him in a couple of friendlies, having never played a competitive open age professional match - who couldnt even get a league team this summer?

You wouldnt know a football if you choked on one, embarassing yourself time and time again.

Yes, based on the two friendlies I saw I’d have signed him. ONLY BASED ON THOSE TWO GAMES. He played well so why wouldn’t I have said that. For all I know he’s an awful trainer or has attitude problem. I’m basing off the two performances only. What’s wrong with that?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Pipe down keyboard warrior. You’re proved to be talking nonsense time after time yet you come on here like you’re the ■■■■■■■ messiah of football. Idiot.

No idea mate, I’ve never worked with him to be honest.

Head of the PFA and years of experience in the football league is a good start for a potential scout though I would say, never mind bringing experience to the dressing room.

And if he’s ■■■■ he’s on a non-contract deal anyway.

1 Like

Positives -
The non contract terms means he’s cheap.
Another scout on board.
A chance for him to get fit.
Cover at right back if the worst happens.
Sexy
Another experienced head around a young team.

Negatives -
Non really

It’s win win on both sides. I don’t get how anyone can think it’s a waste of time.

2 Likes

Not to mention his connections as PFA Chairman. Could come in handy during January…

4 Likes

Tut tut, getting all aggro because I called you out?!

Perhaps you should be a Scout yourself, based on your extensive research of Players, before giving your opinion?!

Called me out on what exactly? Aggro? LOL

You’re ill mate.

Thats what I mean, cannot see why anyone would be getting excited over a lower/non league journeyman joining, whether he was involved with the PFA or not.

As you state yourself, there is no evidence why he is capable of doing any of those duties you detailed.

No answer have we?!

Keep making yourself look stupid - congrats :+1: