Bolton and Bury

Apparently lawyer on behalf of Bury F.C. is about to take the EFL to court regarding their expulsion from the Football League!
That won’t be a cheap option, thought the club had no money to pay staff or players? A Lawyer merely picking up a telephone would cost as much as it would to pay ALL the staff for months!
Still spending money they don’t have then?

1 Like

Agreed presumably it will be no win, no fee for the Lawyer…mind you I am amazed there are any Lawyers available I thought they were all employed suing the government at astronomical fees!!!

Feel sorry for the fans but can’t understand why Bury, the club, feels hard done by. They had plenty of time to sort this. The EFL bent over backwards to avoid expelling them. Not sure why the club are saying the EFL should have considered all other offers when Dale only accepted one at the 11th hour - the problems stops at his door trying to get the best deal for himself at the expense of the club.

3 Likes

Ha, they have next to no chance of staying up, already played 4 or 5 games, got a terrible GD and have to get 11 points just to start on zero. They are down.

Would be very willing to take a bet that they WON’T be playing championship football in 2021.

The Bury fans all over social media just blame everything on the EFL and Dale.

I’ve seen a lot saying that because this Brazilian millionaire had proof of funds it should have been allowed after the deadline and the deal would have been done within 24 hours.

So completely ignoring the stuff they’ve been saying about owners being vetted properly and having it rushed through because it now suits their argument.

Also they seem to be missing the point that the previous bidder had the funds to buy the club but when they then had access to the full extent of the financial situation behind the scenes they decided to not touch it with a barge pole.

If this Brazilian is a serious businessman, he’s not going to want to throw his money into a pit either and what’s to say that if his takeover was approved that he would also pull out as soon as it became known the true extent of what he was getting in to?

Then we’d be in the same situation with more bidders coming out the woodwork and more extensions being asked for. All the while with the season going on and more games being suspended and other teams being ■■■■■■ about.

I don’t have too much sympathy for the situation because Bury have been at this for many seasons now and their fans haven’t kicked off till it’s gone wrong. They were happy last season when they were getting promoted after spending money they didn’t have. Also remember the ridiculous signings when they were in League One previously in an effort to get promoted but then ended up getting relegated instead.

For what it’s worth I think Bolton took the ■■■■ too and should have been chucked out instead of being given an extension.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/1167343570304589824?s=21

Explained much better by the Accrington chairman.

Was one of 'em named Joffra ?

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/football/carlisle-united/17872629.elite-long-trampled-small-clubs---care-die/

4 Likes

Agree with everything, have absolutely no sympathy with Bury, lived beyond their means, pity the same didn’t happen to Bolton. Couldn’t give a ■■■■ about any club that finds itself in this kind of situation.

1 Like

A good report by a journalist in the Mail yesterday more or less explained everything.

1 Like

What a great article…thanks for sharing it…

1 Like

Can’t see it mentioned there that Man. City actually let Bury use their old training pitches at Carrington.

I always thought that " Carrington " was Man Utd’s training ground?

Both are located in Carrington, but City then moved their whole academy/training base to the Etihad and allowed Bury to make us of their facilities. United still train at their Carrington base as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

I see Bolton have brought in 9 players before the transfer deadline. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to ‘gel’.

You can bet your bottom dollar that will be the last of the 5-0 hammerings the 14 year olds have suffered.
And, what did I tell you folks! Bolton are a ‘big’ club, players will be only too happy to go there knowing that in 2 seasons they will be back in the Championship earning oodles of cash!.

1 Like

It will take at least ten games according to people on uts

1 Like

Talk now of Bury being reinstated into League 2 next season, now that the threat of legal action is real!!

2 Likes

See , I don’t know why we don’t push the boat out and get Messi , Ronaldo , etc etc signed up to get us out of this ■■■■ league .

Doesn’t matter if we can’t pay the wages , or pay anyone we may owe money to does it really …:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Long way back for Bolton , but they’ve certainly signed enough good players to give themselves a chance :rage:

2 Likes