Bolton Wanderers (A) F A Cup 3rd round, Jan 5th, 3pm

Was talking to someone who was at Hull City’s demolition of Bolton on New Year’s Day. He said that City could have scored 10 in the second half - admittedly they were playing well, but Bolton were really woeful. I just hope that we go out with a positive attitude as I think that the (sparse) home crowd will really get on their backs if we can get in front.
Assuming the right team turns up (big assumption) then 3-1 or 4-1 to the saddlers.

2 Likes

Bolton Player embargo
Bolton could be short of players.

This is the thing I don’t get.

They continually have cashflow issues and have twice this season failed to pay their players on time.

Yet they can go out and sign a vastly experienced player like Gary O’Neil with his many seasons in the premier league.

Apparently aswell they’re supposed to be signing Doidge for a seven figure fee in this window!!!

Much easier if these clubs who continually plead poverty were just banned from signing players until they got their finances properly in order, play 4-5 youth teamers if you have to.

(panto mode) Oh no they can’t!

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17334153.bolton-wanderers-embargo-leaves-three-players-in-limbo/

1 Like

I think we will keep a clean sheet, and score two goals. 2-0 to the super Saddlers!

2 Likes

If your missus is from Bolton she should know better!
My boss and his son are big Bolton fans (hence my corporate box away day) Their distinct message is DO NOT PARK ON THE RETAIL PARK!
Apparently they employ loads of thug parking attendants (paid for by the local retailers who lose business because of footy parking on Saturdays) they are just waiting to hit football fans for six, and will clamp those they suspect of being football connected, because they know Bolton’s own parking fees are horrendous and folk will take a chance.
My boss suggests using the very large business Park almost opposite the ground. Don’t take the chance!

1 Like

I stand corrected then - all I know is her dad uses it every match day and has never had any trouble

Plus the retail park is so big they’d have to hire a lot of people to keep track on who’s parking for the football

1 Like

Sure hes not taking the ■■■■ being a Bolton Fan , and hoping all the Walsall Fans get done :joy:

No, I assure you, genuine bloke,(must be he’s daft enough to employ me!) just does not like either the utterly overinflated price Bolton charge for parking on their car park, or the tactics used against unsuspecting visiting fans drawn to the huge ‘Middlebrook’ retail car park, (which I’m informed gets very full on a Saturday) thinking it’s an easy option for a short walk to the ground!
Of course those willing to take the chance, ensure you don’t have car stickers or leave scarves etc in the car!!
Here’s to a great win, Bolton are really going through the mill, understand all their new signing can’t play tomorrow!

Just park in the town centre and get the train in to Horwich.

Plenty of them (although of course I went to this when the dreaded rail replacement bus was in operation!)

Northern trains on strike

Avoid like the plague then!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Decent following, chance of a result if the right team show up against a Bolton side in turmoil.

While I’m vocally in support of protest action for reasons I’ve mentioned on other threads, I also agree with other posters that tomorrow isn’t the time for this to start in earnest. We have a decent chance of getting to the 4th round of the FA Cup and hopefully getting a good draw. Let’s focus energy behind supporting the team and focus on other issues immediately afterwards. If we go a goal down tomorrow and there are Cypriot flags flying/Bonser out rhetoric being chanted, the protests risk looking like they’re results related when I don’t believe they should be.

UTS

3 Likes

Horwich Station will not be in service due to RMT strikes.

Agree No protests tomorrow. Let’s just have a great day out and really get behind the lads . Sure that could be the difference in getting into round 4 or not . Really looking forward to it now come on boys put on a show for us we deserve some happiness . Make us proud . UTS

1 Like

Yeah I bet Forest Green are alarmed at the situation here if Bolton potentially default on the transfer fee.

No protests today, they would be limp and fractured. No point. Enjoy the day, it could be a very long winter.

I fancy us today, but every time I have predicted a win recently we have been comfortably beaten. So, reverse psychology; 0-2.

1 Like

Would love to be there today but Northern Rail strike has done for me. Does anyone know of live radio commentary on the internet?

Live stream available through ESPN+ in the US if your have the knowhow. 7 day free trial.

1 Like