Bolton Wanderers (A) F A Cup 3rd round, Jan 5th, 3pm

Jarvis starts! As do Ferrier and Ismail in pretty attack minded team.

To balance things out Russell Martin also returns…

Interestingly every other cup game seems to be offering 2 commentaries (eg Fleetwood Vs AFC is on radio Lancs and radio London) but it would appear no radio WM commentary for us. If BBC London can send a commentary team to Fleetwood surely WM can get one to Bolton? I could well be missing something but it seems the mutual contempt between our club and our impartial local radio station knows no bounds. I really dislike WM.

West Brom have used all 3 substitutes - Jack Fitzwater remains on the bench…

Rico Henry starts for Brentford, but for some reason they’ve only named 5 substitutes !!

WM are covering the Villa game at 3pm which really surprises me as they pretty much always do the away game in that scenario, in any case should be covering Walsall as it’s obviously the bigger story and potential shock.

Walsall is on WM on digital radio, not sure if that means it’s online aswell.

Starting line-up against Bolton Wanderers:-

Roberts

Devlin
Martin
Guthrie
Leahy

Ismail
Dobson
Kinsella
Jarvis

Ferrier
Cook

Substitutes:- Dunn, Edwards, Morris, Kouhyar, Johnson, Gordon, Osbourne

Erhun Oztumer on the bench for the Trotters, and their transfer embargo has indeed been enforced which means that Doidge, Mathews and O’Neil have not been selected for this game.

Listening to the BBC Radio Manchester commentary, if I can put up with the two dour Bolton supporting commentators

Walsall corner 2 minutes … and then we hit the post.

They haven’t even bothered to give our starting line up

Good job we have you @Welsh_Saddler

watching the game if you know firstrow sports or myp2p both streaming the game !

Sawyers not involved at all which could mean he is on his way out?

You can here the walsall fans in full voice !

… or it’s a deliberately weak side bearing in mind the opposition (Oxford Utd at home).

jarvis looking good !

Looks like Walsall have made a good start to a game for a change.

Commentators noted Roberts as a weakness … flapped at 2 corners/ shots apparently

WM: “Good punch away from Roberts from the corner.”:joy:

Now watching on MYP2P - thanks for the link. Much better not having to listen to the two ■■■■■ on BBC Manc

1 Like

Watching on ESPN. Some tidy play so far and our fans in full voice! :ok_hand:

SUPER SADDLERS!!! 0-1 (18 min)