Bolton Wanderers (A) - Sat 20th March, 3pm

Just back from the chippy. Bloke in the queue had a Wolves shirt on. In L23 ffs. That’s me done for the day. Walsall lose, England lose in cricket and rugby, me bet down the swanny and then, to cap it all off, some ■■■■ in a Wolves shirt spoiling me dinner.

Good night everyone.

12 Likes

:smiley:

It reminded me of my Stag do. Was at Preston train station in the bar waiting for the train back to Blackpool after a few pub stops. There was randomly a bloke in a Wolves top with his mrs. We all had a bit of banter with him and then @belgian_saddler clocked him, lets just say it all went a bit downhill from there :rofl:

After Belge had finished abusing him full on, the blokes mrs started laying in to him saying " We always have this everytime you wear that top"

Happy days, hope they come back soon

5 Likes

They have a proven record @Suttonpark

So, in answer to your question, No. No they won’t…

Surely we have now found every possible way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!?
First half was the best 45 minutes we’ve played for a long time. Surely Perry has to be a fixture in midfield now, barring injury or loss of form. Osadebe was perhaps our most influential player in the first 45 though he faded second half. We seemed to have a link from defence to attack that didn’t rely on hopeful long-balls and were passing the ball confidently.
Second-half, we didn’t cope as well when they changed things around.
Hayden White’s sending-off was ridiculous. He shouldn’t have got involved and, I think, as he took his shirt off and trudged away to the dressing-room he had realised his mistake. Saying that, the Bolton player did him no favours with his dramatic collapse although that doesn’t appear to have registered with the seemingly self-appointed Moral Guardian of English Football, currently managing Bolton, who was so ready to criticise Cameron Norman’s conduct in his post-match interviews.
White’s absence will do us no favours, like him or not, we are short on central defensive options especially with Clarke being so brittle and Sadler excelling himself in making so many appearances due to Clarke being injured and Jules transfer.
Hopefully Holden will be available in a couple of games which will give us creative midfield options.
Dutton will be in a stronger position today following that display against a team surely heading out of this league and rightly so.

1 Like

With all the Covid restrictions, watching Walsall was going to be a thing to look forward to. Now it’s affecting me more than Covid restrictions. I’m getting angry (at results and the situation in the club), depressed and feel there’s no point in supporting the club anymore. The one thing that was supposed to give us joy is a total nightmare.

3 Likes

I feel the same . I am trying to stay positive but the truth is it’s become a nightmare .

We just have to keep going and keep the faith . A win and a draw from the next 2 and we will be ok . Anything else and it’s going to be unbearably tense .

2 Likes

On a separate note , both Norman and Clarke are now professional free kick winners , let’s be polite and put it that way .

That’s cheered me right up. :joy:

1 Like

On the game

What a day for young Sam Perry solid game capped by his first league goal

Some hope for a brighter future

3 Likes

He’s got talent, you can tell that straight away, always looking for a sharp pass forwards.

Think he needs to make more of his height and “rangey-ness” and get about the pitch a bit more. Doesn’t help being in a side so dour and defensive minded though I guess.

2 Likes

Got to say the ref didn’t help our cause today either

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! Id rather be crap in L1 than good in L2

Wonder who’s more likely to make it as a player Bates or Perry? I hope for our sake both

I’ve just looked at the vale forum and they are saying Clarke world class :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: cheered me right up. Them in for a nasty shock next season me thinks

Some backlash after the latest comments probably. Referees don’t like to be criticised by managers. Another day it could end with a fine, so better not to do it, if you work as a part of a coaching staff. Of course you can lodge some official appeals after games, so someone else, in theory more professional, will assess it. It won’t change the past, but can improve the future. Public criticism is like shooting your own leg, but of course you can do it, when you are safe in a league.

2 Likes

Dutton looks like a little boy lost.

The woolly hat makes him look like a village idiot.

He is more like Benny from Crossroads than a football manager! The players look smart but he looks like someone who is trying to do everything (he admits to being a megalomaniac).

Maybe let Mark Bradley put out the cones and put on the attire of a professional manager, Mr. Dutton. If you look like a manager, the players might start believing it!

The very public criticism of referees is symptomatic of his inexperience and naïveté.

It is one thing protecting your players, it is another to clutch at straws. For instance, Roberts did take out the centre forward v Crawley because the defence went AWOL…

Our forward line is appalling and this should have been addressed when there was interest in Adebayo from both Hearts and Luton. No one can tell me that these two clubs don’t have better strikers than Reid, Osei, Lavery and Gordon on their books. It should have been part of any deal…

I’m sure Sir Ray is shaking his head. I know I am.

5 Likes

Some Luton Fans though Hylton might have come here as part of the deal

1 Like

Quite.

Fans, players, chairman, and manager. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

The reason is simple, nobody has the first idea on how to even go about arresting this slide. We are a rudderless ship. Excuses is all that the people that are meant to have all the answers, have, right now.

3 Likes

Years of neglect has bought us to where we are now thing is most of us have stood by made excuses for the club and just let it happen. It’s been coming for years and even now some defend it

6 Likes

But what else can you do when to some it is a way of life :man_shrugging: :wink:

1 Like