Bolton Wanderers (A) - Sat 20th March, 3pm

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Every sign suggests, it will be a heavy and painful defeat, so any other final result will be good. But the next two games after Notlob, right.

I’ve not seen us win either at Burnden Park or their current ground. The 4-3 towards the end of 99-00 was especially deflating. Played so well and lost, couldn’t see us staying up after that. :frowning_face: Ricketts terrified them that day, not a huge surprise that they signed him a few weeks later.

Along with Wigan (where I’ve been far more and scraped a couple of drawers) Bolton away is probably my worst away in terms of results and goals scored.

My first trip was the 8-1. Then a 1-0 but ex Saddler Steve Elliott scoring to make it a bit sorer. After that I think I’ve seen us concede four twice and five once.

Crap.

2 Likes

The Bolton head to head is a strange one.

At there place(s) we’ve won once drawn once and lost 11 in all comps.
At ours they’re as bad, w 1 d 1 l 8.

They’ve never won a league game at ours, taking a solitary jammy point in 1986 when we came back from an early two goal deficit and battered them, only for David Kelly to miss a pen with the last kick when success would have given us a 4-3 win. Their only win was the league cup game under Dosh when we were in the bottom division and they the Prem.

1 Like

I cant see anything other than having our pants pulled down.

It seems the lads have given up taking shots for lent so as soon as 1 goes in i expect the flood gates to open.

Id even take a 3-0 right now.

We’m gonna smosh’em 3-0 (one can live in hope…)

2 Likes

If anyone fancies us NOT to lose you can get approx 8/13 by backing the win at 9/2, and the draw at 13/5.

Example - 60 quid on the win returns 270 and 100 on the draw returns 260 . So 160 wins 260/270 (approx 8/13).

Might have a dabble for a bit of interest.

Oh, and just for Worsul4eva, Bolton are 31/40 best price :wink:

1 Like

FTFY :joy: :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had Bolton -1

1 Like

What price Rob?

He has got the advantage of local knowledge too.

1 Like

9/4

Had it as part of an acca though

The handicaps are decent, had about £800 from SkyBet the last 3 weeks for about £30 stakes

1 Like

Fair play and hope you win if you have a dabble. Just seems very risky against a team bang in form. If we get anything tomorrow Dutton deserves all the praise that comes his way and rightly so .

2 Likes

I’ve already done over a grand on this shower of ■■■■ this season so a bit more won’t kill me :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Walsall +1 (ie win or draw ) is 5/4 on betfair.

2 Likes

Cheers Kev. That’s more like it.

If that’s the Asian handicap then it just gives us a goal start - not exactly bulletproof against a defeat…
Laying a Bolton win is currently 1.73 - i.e. stake £7.30 to win £10.
I prefer the simple solutions.

It isn’t asian betting (that’s too convoluted for me,and laying with a £ 7.30 stake won’t win you a tenner ).

It’s simply Walsall + 1 goal , meaning a win or draw pays out.

( Don’t think one will be enough tho’ )

1 Like