Bradford City (A) Tue 20th Oct, 7.45pm

Dunno ask Shrewsbury when they venture over here. :wink: P.T will also be along in a few hours with his Wigan bermuda triangle analogy.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it was one of the more intimidating grounds/set of fans. They’re not far away from those lovely Leeds folk.

Mabye the absence of fans may help us? Who knows?

Marvin Robinson scored. 1-1. For a Merson side, it wasn’t that bad from memory.

Remember it being freezing and was more concerned the trains back would get cancelled.

The away end is just a shed and totally out of proportion with the other three stands. Of course being in the Valley adds to the odd feeling and the big stands are a legacy of their overspending in premier league, nearly went out of business a few years later.

Think of jinx away grounds I think I’ve been to the Ricoh three times and never seen Walsall even score a goal so that has to be one of the worst in recent times although probably won’t play there ever again.

1 Like

Why can’t I find this on you tube. Wanted to share a link. @Thanatos what is the point of your university course if people can’t find old football goals when they want to?

From memory Merson played a lovely assist for our goal. ‘‘Twas after about 5 minutes or so.

I’ve got to admit… I’m lost.

The Christmas game under Merson was a freezing 2-0 defeat. The Marvin Robinson goal game was I think the season before, in early December or late November and the goal was with about 20 minutes to go. We then tried to hang on and predictably conceded a late equaliser. During the 2-0 game pink lycra girl spent the game screaming her head off in support of MEEEEEEERSE…that could be the where Thanny comes in … :blush:

Yep. Getting beat by better players is fair enough but getting beat by a stand? Im talking fairly recently too.

Remember Kyle Lightbourne missing an absolute sitter, a header right in front of us in a game we went on to lose. Tuesday night game. A guy came up to me and my daughter afterwards to tell us we’d been robbed. I think we just missed out on the play-offs that year?
Away fans seem to have been moved to the side the last few seasons.

1 Like

What had he stolen from you?

4 Likes

www.JustGiving.com/crowdfunding/WalsallFCCovid19

Any donations from tonight’s game would be amazing. Any money you may have spent at Bradford if you can spare it.

:grinning:

Tbf, the stand would probably beat Matt Richards in a footrace.

2 Likes

3-2 win - Adebayo, Holden and Osadebe goals.

Annoying not going considering its 20 mins away from here but never mind. Would settle for a decent performance and a point

An early goal in one of the early kick-offs…

Cheltenham Town 1 Scunthorpe United 0 (5 min penalty, Reuben Reid scorer)

1 Like

Nice to see you are up and running already @Welsh_Saddler

1 Like

Also elsewhere, Andy Cook gets a start for Mansfield Town at Morecambe - wonder whether he’s fit enough to last the whole 90 minutes??

And Oztumer warming Bristol Rovers’ bench at Shrewsbury.

Up and running? he hasn’t been to bed, he was up half the night cleaning mine and @RedandWhite foul mouthed rants up since february :rofl:

5 Likes

FTFY :+1:

1 Like

Morecambe 1 Mansfield Town 0 (3 min)

I was at that one but it wasn’t the one I was thinking of. Geordie mentions it lower down the thread, a 2-0 defeat and freezing cold, we drove up there expecting it to be called off (probably at about twenty to eight) but it went ahead. We were terrible that night, 2-0 flattered us a bit.

1 Like