Bradford City (H) - Sat 27th Feb, 3pm

‘Hello Darkness my old friend’ - poor results, dropping closer and closer to the trap door, and fans not happy. Not sure where I’ve seen this film before…anyway…

A swift return to League Two action and this time we are ‘treated’ to Walsall vs Bradford City

Bradford arrive at Fortress Bescot having appointed joint managers in Conor Sellars and Mark Trueman following an upturn in form whilst they were in charge on a caretaker basis.

Their squad contains at least three ex-Saddlers at the moment in the shape of Richard O’Donnell (injured), Zeli Ismail (injured) and now the pantomine villain Andy Cook (on loan from Mansfield). They also have proven League Two players in the form of Lee Novak, Clayton Donaldson and ex non-league hotshot Danny Rowe

Bradford’s last six games are:

26th Jan - Southend United (a) - Won 3-1
30th Jan - Barrow (h) - Won 2-1
6th Feb - Exeter City (a) - Lost 3-2
16th Feb - Morecambe (h) - Won 2-1
20th Feb - Cheltenham Town (a) - Won 2-0
23rd Feb - Leyton Orient (h) - Won 1-0

So 15 points out of the last 18. If that is anything to go by then we are going to get dicked. But, the Walsall way would see us win this game.

Who know’s what to think any more :exploding_head:

As usual, please let us know of any connections between the clubs, and also your guess as to what the line up will be. Personally I’d like to see Tyreik Wright back in the XI. After that, it’s anyone’s guess.

Walsall vs Bradford City - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Goalless Draw
  • Score Draw
  • Bradford City Win

0 voters

1 Like

I honestly can not see us winning another game ? maybe a few battling draws but playing 90 mins of football and only having one or two shots on goal doesn’t bode well.
We have gone from mid table mediocrity to relegation candidates

2 Likes

Head says Bradford win Heart says 1-1 draw can’t see us creating anywhere near enough to win this game futures looking bleak to say the least.

Sooner or later I’ll be right.
Maybe even will be clean sheet, who knows.

2 Likes

My view too.

1 Like

It’s too soon to be discussing the next debacle for me.

Worst thing about us taking the lead is that we have some kind of mindset that we then sit back and allow the opponents to get back in every time This needs to change.

Nailed on 1-1

2 Likes

2-0 loss prediction I’m afraid. Strong squad. Very much in form.

Midfield will be a key battle. Feel we could get overrun in there.

I notice they have Elliot Watt in their side. I was really impressed with Watt when I saw him play for Wolves Development a couple of years ago. Good energy and very creative. Exactly the type we should have been trying to sign.

Also, Callum Cooke - who we tried to sign on loan from Sunderland a couple of years ago. Signed for Blackpool instead.

With the ground empty and burger stalls closed there will be nothing to distract Angry Cook from scoring.

2 Likes

I have gone for a 0-0 as we cannot score but it is time we stopped the opposition from scoring.

Big club in form much like Bolton have moved up the table recently 0-3

Take a point.

Would take a point as long as it was 4-4 just for a bit of entertainment.

Preview done, Bradford won 5 of last 6.

I was a fan of Andy Cook but that’s a great nickname :joy:

3-0. About time we had a giant-killing.

With their striker force and our leaky defence add their creativity in midfield I can’t see anything but an hammering 0-3. I can’t see us getting anything in the next 3 games then we go into the barrow game massively needing a result

1 Like

I see improvement in each game. A narrow victory for the Saddlers. It would be good is one or two of our casualties could return yo give the team a lift.

1 Like

Lee Sinnott, Mick Bates and Bernie Wright and three common players who were great for us.

4 Likes